Getting a SIM Card at CPH?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2009, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist

Is there anywhere to buy a Prepaid SIM card at CPH airport? I am hearing some conflicting reports about a tourists ability to buy a prepaid sim without a CPR card?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 5:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by joelfreak
Is there anywhere to buy a Prepaid SIM card at CPH airport? I am hearing some conflicting reports about a tourists ability to buy a prepaid sim without a CPR card?
The newsstand stores landside may have them, but I'm not sure if that's the case at CPH.

Prepaid SIMs from the likes of Telia DK were available for purchase in central Copenhagen without issue last I looked into it -- about summer of 2007.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 6:43 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The newsstand stores landside may have them, but I'm not sure if that's the case at CPH.
I´m pretty sure the 7-11 at CPH has them. (Location:Landside in walkway between Terminal 3 and 2).

Last edited by cph_flyer; Sep 6, 2009 at 7:07 am
Old Sep 6, 2009, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cph_flyer
I´m pretty sure the 7-11 at CPH has them. (Location:Landside in walkway between Terminal 3 and 2).
But can you buy them without an ID card? Some people say Denmark is one of a few countries where you CANNOT buy a SIM if you are not a resident.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 4:38 am

No ID required. True that there are some products that require a Danish Address, but most "Taletidskort" (Talk time cards, essentially prepaid SIM cards) does not require a Danish address (or CPR number). As stated above you should be able to buy it in the land side 7-Eleven (turn left after customs). You can top up any of these prepaid cards should so have the need.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.