Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Geiranger-Alesund bus timetable

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2009, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Geiranger-Alesund bus timetable

I've been looking for Geiranger-Alesund bus timetible for quite a while, but I cannot find it. As far as I understand there are some local busses driving on that road. Can someone help me out with the summer timetable for 2009?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 5:52 pm

I can't help you out berni7, but I can say WELCOME to FLYERTALK!

You will find folks here to be very helpful.

Good Luck and have a great trip!
Old Mar 13, 2009, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by berni7
I've been looking for Geiranger-Alesund bus timetible for quite a while, but I cannot find it. As far as I understand there are some local busses driving on that road. Can someone help me out with the summer timetable for 2009?
You should be able to find everything you need on the Fjord1 website...

Fjord1 English

Geiranger-Alesund Bus Schedule

Last edited by anrkitec; Mar 14, 2009 at 12:37 pm
Old Mar 20, 2009, 10:19 am
Original Poster

I looked on this side but as far as I understand they are offering only some organized trips and one of the stops along the way is Geiranger? Or can I go on this bus just from Alesund to Geiranger?
Thanks for help
Old May 16, 2009, 8:47 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Scheduled buses Aalesund - Geiranger and v.v.

I'm sorry for not answering earlier, but during the summer (June 15 - Aug 31) there are four buses Ålesund-Geiranger per day, Mo - Fr. They leave Ålesund/ arrive Geiranger as follows: 08.15/11.30; 11.45/14.40 (also Saturdays); 14.50/17.50 (also Saturdays); 17.20/20.20. The only bus on Sundays is 17.00/20.20. The return buses to Ålesund are at 07.10, 13.10, 16.20 and 18.10 arriving at Ålesund after about three hours .

Single fare should be around NOK 200
Old Jul 16, 2009, 2:59 am

Hi, Thanks for the informations (timetable and prices) but with wich compagny does it work because i looked on fjord1 site and i could find these informations.
tanks very much if somebody could help me on that point.

regards
Old Jul 18, 2009, 8:00 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
The information is also from Fjord1, but it is the timetables for the scheduled trips. Basically, most bus service in Norway (except some long-distance express services) is a publicly subsidized service, giving one company a monopoly on a given relation, with state set fares.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 12:33 am

Programs: QANTAS FF, SKYWARDS GOLD
It should be emphasised that although these are scheduled bus routes, they essentially duplicate the expensive Alesund/Geiranger tourist packages at a much lower price. You leave the bus at Hellesylt for an hour long cruise down the Geiranger fiord to the village of Geiranger & after exploring for an hour or so catch the homeward bus for the trip up the Eaglesroad for a marvellous view of the fiord (complete with photo stop) and then back over a different route to Alesund. Wonderful trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.