Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe including Turkey > Nordic Countries
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 11, 09, 1:23 pm   #1

Geiranger-Alesund bus timetable

I've been looking for Geiranger-Alesund bus timetible for quite a while, but I cannot find it. As far as I understand there are some local busses driving on that road. Can someone help me out with the summer timetable for 2009?
berni7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 09, 5:52 pm   #2

I can't help you out berni7, but I can say WELCOME to FLYERTALK!

You will find folks here to be very helpful.

Good Luck and have a great trip!
norske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 09, 5:30 pm   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by berni7 View Post
I've been looking for Geiranger-Alesund bus timetible for quite a while, but I cannot find it. As far as I understand there are some local busses driving on that road. Can someone help me out with the summer timetable for 2009?
You should be able to find everything you need on the Fjord1 website...

Fjord1 English

Geiranger-Alesund Bus Schedule

Last edited by anrkitec; Mar 14, 09 at 12:37 pm.
anrkitec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 09, 10:19 am   #4

I looked on this side but as far as I understand they are offering only some organized trips and one of the stops along the way is Geiranger? Or can I go on this bus just from Alesund to Geiranger?
Thanks for help
berni7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 09, 8:47 am   #5
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Scheduled buses Aalesund - Geiranger and v.v.

I'm sorry for not answering earlier, but during the summer (June 15 - Aug 31) there are four buses Ålesund-Geiranger per day, Mo - Fr. They leave Ålesund/ arrive Geiranger as follows: 08.15/11.30; 11.45/14.40 (also Saturdays); 14.50/17.50 (also Saturdays); 17.20/20.20. The only bus on Sundays is 17.00/20.20. The return buses to Ålesund are at 07.10, 13.10, 16.20 and 18.10 arriving at Ålesund after about three hours .

Single fare should be around NOK 200
ksu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 09, 2:59 am   #6

Hi, Thanks for the informations (timetable and prices) but with wich compagny does it work because i looked on fjord1 site and i could find these informations.
tanks very much if somebody could help me on that point.

regards
nikolitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 09, 8:00 am   #7
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
The information is also from Fjord1, but it is the timetables for the scheduled trips. Basically, most bus service in Norway (except some long-distance express services) is a publicly subsidized service, giving one company a monopoly on a given relation, with state set fares.
ksu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 09, 12:33 am   #8

Programs: QANTAS FF, SKYWARDS GOLD
It should be emphasised that although these are scheduled bus routes, they essentially duplicate the expensive Alesund/Geiranger tourist packages at a much lower price. You leave the bus at Hellesylt for an hour long cruise down the Geiranger fiord to the village of Geiranger & after exploring for an hour or so catch the homeward bus for the trip up the Eaglesroad for a marvellous view of the fiord (complete with photo stop) and then back over a different route to Alesund. Wonderful trip!
Dans6362 is offline   Reply With Quote