FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nordic Region (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/nordic-region-482/)
-   -   Geiranger-Alesund bus timetable (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/nordic-region/931090-geiranger-alesund-bus-timetable.html)

berni7 Mar 11, 2009 1:23 pm

Geiranger-Alesund bus timetable

I've been looking for Geiranger-Alesund bus timetible for quite a while, but I cannot find it. As far as I understand there are some local busses driving on that road. Can someone help me out with the summer timetable for 2009? :confused:

norske Mar 11, 2009 5:52 pm

I can't help you out berni7, but I can say WELCOME to FLYERTALK!

You will find folks here to be very helpful.

Good Luck and have a great trip!

anrkitec Mar 13, 2009 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by berni7 (Post 11398564)
I've been looking for Geiranger-Alesund bus timetible for quite a while, but I cannot find it. As far as I understand there are some local busses driving on that road. Can someone help me out with the summer timetable for 2009? :confused:

You should be able to find everything you need on the Fjord1 website...

Fjord1 English

Geiranger-Alesund Bus Schedule

berni7 Mar 20, 2009 10:19 am

I looked on this side but as far as I understand they are offering only some organized trips and one of the stops along the way is Geiranger? Or can I go on this bus just from Alesund to Geiranger?
Thanks for help

ksu May 16, 2009 8:47 am

Scheduled buses Aalesund - Geiranger and v.v.

I'm sorry for not answering earlier, but during the summer (June 15 - Aug 31) there are four buses Ålesund-Geiranger per day, Mo - Fr. They leave Ålesund/ arrive Geiranger as follows: 08.15/11.30; 11.45/14.40 (also Saturdays); 14.50/17.50 (also Saturdays); 17.20/20.20. The only bus on Sundays is 17.00/20.20. The return buses to Ålesund are at 07.10, 13.10, 16.20 and 18.10 arriving at Ålesund after about three hours .

Single fare should be around NOK 200

nikolitch Jul 16, 2009 2:59 am

Hi, Thanks for the informations (timetable and prices) but with wich compagny does it work because i looked on fjord1 site and i could find these informations.
tanks very much if somebody could help me on that point.

regards

ksu Jul 18, 2009 8:00 am

The information is also from Fjord1, but it is the timetables for the scheduled trips. Basically, most bus service in Norway (except some long-distance express services) is a publicly subsidized service, giving one company a monopoly on a given relation, with state set fares.

Dans6362 Aug 6, 2009 12:33 am

It should be emphasised that although these are scheduled bus routes, they essentially duplicate the expensive Alesund/Geiranger tourist packages at a much lower price. You leave the bus at Hellesylt for an hour long cruise down the Geiranger fiord to the village of Geiranger & after exploring for an hour or so catch the homeward bus for the trip up the Eaglesroad for a marvellous view of the fiord (complete with photo stop) and then back over a different route to Alesund. Wonderful trip!