Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in CPH, Is 1 hr Enough Time?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Connecting in CPH, Is 1 hr Enough Time?

I'm flying ORD-FRA (United), FRA - CPH (SAS), and CPH - AAL (SAS) next week. There's only 1 hr between the FRA - CPH flight and the CPH - AAL flight. Is there enough time? Do I have to go through immigration at CPH?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:23 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I think this is best asked in the Scandinavia Forum; I'll move this there.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum
Old Feb 20, 2008, 1:41 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by naumank
I'm flying ORD-FRA (United), FRA - CPH (SAS), and CPH - AAL (SAS) next week. There's only 1 hr between the FRA - CPH flight and the CPH - AAL flight. Is there enough time? Do I have to go through immigration at CPH?
No problem,provided your flight arrives on time of course.
You will do immigration ,when you arrive at FRA from ORD, and as FRA-CPH is a Schengen/Schengen flight you won´t go through any immigration again in CPH. And if you have checked luggage ,that won´t go through customs until your final destination in AAL.
But note that your CPH-AAL flight leaves from Terminal 1, that handles all domestic flights.It can be bit of a hike to get there , from whatever A or B gate you happen to arrive at. But worst case should be some 10-15 mins.
The domestic terminal 1 is connected to the main terminals 2+3 by a walkway right by gate A23.

Info about the walkway :

http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/ABOUT+CPH/B...een+terminals/
Old Feb 20, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
If your ORD-FRA flight is a little late, you could have a real problem in FRA depending on arrival and departure terminals. Immmigration, security and a terminal change (if necessary) could slow you down.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 4:17 pm

I will be flying from DUB-CPH-GOT on SAS. I have about an hour of ground time in CPH. Is this enough time to take a smoke break and go speed shopping? Do they have smoking area on the plane side of security?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 4:50 pm

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by sfogate
I will be flying from DUB-CPH-GOT on SAS. I have about an hour of ground time in CPH. Is this enough time to take a smoke break and go speed shopping? Do they have smoking area on the plane side of security?
You should be OK timewise for some speedshopping as well a puff!

There is a at least one smoking area airside , that I know off. Its up a flight a stairs right by , when you go from the main terminal towards the A-gates.

http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/MAIN/Facili...oking+area.htm

Smoking areas airside at CPH:
http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/MAIN/Before...he+airport.htm

Last edited by cph_flyer; Feb 20, 2008 at 11:25 pm Reason: Added yet another link
Old Feb 21, 2008, 8:12 am

cph_flyer........thank you very much for anwering my questions. ^
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cph_flyer
No problem,provided your flight arrives on time of course.
You will do immigration ,when you arrive at FRA from ORD, and as FRA-CPH is a Schengen/Schengen flight you won´t go through any immigration again in CPH. And if you have checked luggage ,that won´t go through customs until your final destination in AAL.
But note that your CPH-AAL flight leaves from Terminal 1, that handles all domestic flights.It can be bit of a hike to get there , from whatever A or B gate you happen to arrive at. But worst case should be some 10-15 mins.
The domestic terminal 1 is connected to the main terminals 2+3 by a walkway right by gate A23.

Info about the walkway :

http://www.cph.dk/CPH/UK/ABOUT+CPH/B...een+terminals/
I actually just noticed that arrival and departure are at two different terminals. If it takes only 10 - 15 mins, I hope it will be ok. But I will call my travel agent to see if I can switch to a later flight, just to be on the safer side.

When walking from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1, do I need to go through security again?

Last edited by naumank; Feb 23, 2008 at 2:33 pm
Old Feb 24, 2008, 8:47 am

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
When walking from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1, do I need to go through security again?
It's been a while, but when I walked to Terminal 1, there was no extra security check. Even if there is some now, I'll guarantee you that you will be the only one in the queue. It's still a long walk even with the new moving sidewalks. Most of the flights to AAL depart from a gate that is at the far end of Terminal 1.

If I were to arrive at a gate in concourse C or D, then I'd go out through the baggage area and catch the shuttle that stops in front of the Hilton. When you go through customs control keep going straight. Pass the entrance to the trains, and you’ll see the Hilton on your right across the street. You'll have to go through security at T1.

Either way, it should take about 15 minutes at the most.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 6:25 am

I actually just noticed that arrival and departure are at two different terminals. If it takes only 10 - 15 mins, I hope it will be ok. But I will call my travel agent to see if I can switch to a later flight, just to be on the safer side.

You can walk from terminal 3 to terminal 1 in about 12 mins. You won't need to go through security again.

If you have the time drop into 'FineFood' in front the B gates. Roger Moore buys his salmon there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.