Nordic hotel chains in Finland - Scandic, Choice, Sokoshotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nordic hotel chains in Finland - Scandic, Choice, Sokoshotels

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:56 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
HI Tampere was ok. Nothing great but definitely worth the 5000 points. The staff was really nice.

The regular price was 140€ for two persons without breakfast (+17€ p.p.) for that night. Quite advanced pricing. But what can you expect in Finland?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Just noticed the soon to be opened Clarion Helsinki Airport - I think this is the first of the chain in Finland. (Actually the location is more Aviapolis than Airport )
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:06 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Actually, the clarion down town opens a week before the vanda one.

Anyway, wondering if airport hotel shuttle bus will service clarion.

-- Added
Nope, they suggest taking the train. Google earth isn't really up-to-date, but it looks like the aviapolis station is close to the hotel. However, the cost of the ride and the distance to train station from arrivals makes this inconvenient.
And Clarion announced prices is currently way above Hilton, so

Last edited by intuition; Aug 3, 2016 at 6:36 am
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:13 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Clarion downtown Helsinki is actually not really central downtown but close to where the ships to Tallinn leave and the big cruise ships dock. I passed the construction site and they advertise for a rooftop pool - like in Stockholm Sign. And it's not huge like so many Nordic capital Clarions.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue
Clarion downtown Helsinki is actually not really central downtown but close to where the ships to Tallinn leave and the big cruise ships dock. I passed the construction site and they advertise for a rooftop pool - like in Stockholm Sign. And it's not huge like so many Nordic capital Clarions.
Clarion Sign hotel in Stockholm charges room guests a daily fee for any pool use.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by intuition
Nope, they suggest taking the train. Google earth isn't really up-to-date, but it looks like the aviapolis station is close to the hotel. However, the cost of the ride and the distance to train station from arrivals makes this inconvenient.
And Clarion announced prices is currently way above Hilton, so
It's right on the northern ("Tietotie/Datavägen") exit of the Aviapolis station, so the train is a good option. As for costs, it's 2,08€ for a single ride - and between us, what are the chances of ticket controllers on this 1,5 min ride?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:36 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I can't see a northen station on the map, is it the odd building SW of the roundabout Mekaanikontie/Aviaboulevardi? The only station exit marked on google is at the crossing of Dickursbyvägen, and that is some 400m walk to the new Clarion.

Add the 500m walk inside T1 to get to the station and the optional 2,08€, this compares badly to the hotels that offers shuttle bus.

-- Addede
Ah, by comparing buildings on google earth (shape and gear on the roof) I now see where the north exit is. It is right on the same plot as Clarion, isn't it? NE of roundabout Karhumäentie/Avaiboulevarid

Last edited by intuition; Aug 7, 2016 at 5:48 am
Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:41 am
Moderator, Finnair

BTW, just realised that the lazy ones can skip the walk even to Hilton. Grab the free parking shuttle bus 1 stop to P5 and you have saved 200 m walk!

(Posting the map here since Finnavia removed it from the site - some of the bus stops are quite useful for other things than getting to/from the parking areas)
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.