Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport Taxis in Stockholm and Copenhagen

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Airport Taxis in Stockholm and Copenhagen

We are going to be in Stockholm for 2 days before our cruise begins and will be in Copenhagen for 2 days after cruise end. Do taxis accept credit cards? Where is the best place to exchange money in these cities? I assume we can catch a taxi from the airport into Stockholm and taxi from hotel to airport in Copenhagen. Is this the best mode of transportation?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by kathya
We are going to be in Stockholm for 2 days before our cruise begins and will be in Copenhagen for 2 days after cruise end. Do taxis accept credit cards? Where is the best place to exchange money in these cities? I assume we can catch a taxi from the airport into Stockholm and taxi from hotel to airport in Copenhagen. Is this the best mode of transportation?
Yes, you can catch a taxi from Stockholm airport and they all take cards. However there is an almost unregulatd market (or so it seems) so the prices vary a lot. There are also taxis that look like a known company brand car but that are not affiliated. I have not heard that any are unsafe, just know what you pay before you step in. Taxi Stockholm, yellow Taxi 020, and Taxikurir are reliable companies. A fixed rate from Arlanda airport to the city center is about 495 SEK if I remember correctly. Driving on meter may be much more so ask whether the price is fixed or meter before you get in anywhere else in town.

In Copenhagen I have never noticed any differences in taxi fares and all take cards. No problem with taxi companies either.

I personally never exchange money, I just get it out of the wall. And you don't need much cash as cards are accepted even for small fees in most places.

Depending on where you stay in Stockholm, you may be best off catching the airport express train and taxi to and from the central station. The traffic can be quite horrible.

Last edited by CeruleanBlue; Jun 19, 2016 at 9:57 pm
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
One of the main determinants will be the quantity of luggage involved. Is it a long or short cruise? On which line?

Also, which hotels are you booked at?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the valuable information CeruleanBlue. We are staying at the Nobis Hotel in Stockholm and the Radisson Blu Royal in Copenhagen. When you say you get money out of the wall, I assume that is an ATM? Can I get cash out of the wall on my credit card?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 8:24 am
Original Poster

We are cruising on Oceania. A 10 day cruise and will have 2 large bags and one smaller bag. We are booked at the Nobis Hotel in Stockholm and the Radisson Blu Royal in Copenhagen.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
OK, for Copenhagen the ship will dock in the Nyhavn area, near the royal palace. From there, a short and easy cab ride to the Radisson Royal
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:56 pm

Thank you for the valuable information CeruleanBlue. We are staying at the Nobis Hotel in Stockholm and the Radisson Blu Royal in Copenhagen. When you say you get money out of the wall, I assume that is an ATM? Can I get cash out of the wall on my credit card?
Great choice. And one of the best cocktail bars in town - combined with the best hotel lounge for solo time ans work. Nobis was my crib of choice when I stayed downtown Stockholm in previous jobs.

Yes, out of the wall = ATM = money machine. Any credit card works. And I rarely take out cash in any Nordic country.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Non-NonRev for the info.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

You rarely take out cash in any Nordic country? Are you suggesting that we just rely on our credit cards?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

We love a good cocktail bar!
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:11 pm

You rarely take out cash in any Nordic country? Are you suggesting that we just rely on our credit cards?
Of course you can use cash if you like. I use a debit card that works abroad. Rarely credit. But it's really up to how you prefer. All I am saying is you rarely need cash, besides perhaps on a bus or tram etc.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Took Taxi Stockholm this morning - fixed 520SEK to ARN. We were there for a day after our cruise, and only used a credit card.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

520 SEK = $63.12 at today's exchange rate.

Taxi fares in Copenhagen will be quite a bit lower, as the airport is much closer to the city center.

Cash is useful in rural areas, but in the cities cards should be fine.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:12 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
The distance is less, but taxis in Copenhagen are expensive - expect to pay Kr250-300 (around the US$40 mark). But they are reliable and straight up. I'm sure the hotel can arrange one, but otherwise Taxa and Dantaxi are the big ones.

If you don't have a load of luggage, there are trains from the main station (opposite the Royal) which take 17 minutes to the airport. However, due to the border nonsense going on with Sweden, this is currently only every 20 minutes.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stut
If you don't have a load of luggage, there are trains from the main station (opposite the Royal) which take 17 minutes to the airport. However, due to the border nonsense going on with Sweden, this is currently only every 20 minutes.
I did think of the train from Kobenhavn H, but the OP never responded to the question of how long the cruise was, so I assumed that luggage load mitigated the use of DSB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.