Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Evening boat tour (roundtrip) from Stockholm to Vaxholm

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Evening boat tour (roundtrip) from Stockholm to Vaxholm

This boat tour is included in the Stockholm Pass we bought. But on the days we are in Stockholm (Apr 5.6,7,8) they only seem to have the 19:00 evening tour which returns back at 22:00 PM. I don't think dinner is included ..we would have to bring in something or buy from them.

Question is 1) is it worth it in evening ? Does it get dark and nothing is really visible outside?

2) Once we reach Strandvägen at 10 PM we have to walk back or take bus back to our hotel Stockholm Sheraton. Is it okay to walk back ? How safe is it? I have my wife and 11 yr old daughter with me. Or how frequent are the buses to Stockholm Central at that time? (Bus 69 specifically is closest to dock)
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't know about this one, but real the purpose of some of the Nordic boat trips seems to be to go out into international waters and sell duty free booze.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
1.5 hours out on this boat in one direction (as you still
Have to return) won't put this boat into international waters.

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
This boat tour is included in the Stockholm Pass we bought. But on the days we are in Stockholm (Apr 5.6,7,8) they only seem to have the 19:00 evening tour which returns back at 22:00 PM. I don't think dinner is included ..we would have to bring in something or buy from them.

Question is 1) is it worth it in evening ? Does it get dark and nothing is really visible outside?

2) Once we reach Strandvägen at 10 PM we have to walk back or take bus back to our hotel Stockholm Sheraton. Is it okay to walk back ? How safe is it? I have my wife and 11 yr old daughter with me. Or how frequent are the buses to Stockholm Central at that time? (Bus 69 specifically is closest to dock)
You'll still be able to see some stuff until at least 8pm and even a bit later. And even after that, you'll see plenty of lit up stuff.

Doesn't that boat trip include the possibility of buying food and drink on board? I thought it did, but I've not done that one.

I would walk back if I wanted to, it's safe enough. The 69 bus timings should be checked along with what are anticipated service disruptions due to construction along the route.
http://sl.se/contentassets/4a11eab3b...e69_150803.pdf

Given its reduced frequency at your return time, I would walk back unless the bus was coming within 5-10 minutes. And even then walking is what I like. But if you think you may get lost on the way back, take the bus.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 22, 2016 at 5:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.