Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Day trip using my Stockholm 72 hour travel card..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2016, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

I bought the 72 hour travel card online. Can someone suggest a few places I can go furthest from Stockholm city using it? I checked Uppsala is not included in the travel card :-(
Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
I bought the 72 hour travel card online. Can someone suggest a few places I can go furthest from Stockholm city using it? I checked Uppsala is not included in the travel card :-(
Well what are you into and where are you staying? Based on that I can give you recommendations. All zones are valid with the 72h pass except Arlanda Airport and Uppsala.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 12:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Well what are you into and where are you staying? Based on that I can give you recommendations. All zones are valid with the 72h pass except Arlanda Airport and Uppsala.
Arlanda Airport is included in a 24hr and 72hr SL pass, at least when using the bus between Arlanda Airport and Marsta (in either direction).
Old Mar 20, 2016, 2:23 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Arlanda Airport is also included in the 72 hours ticket when you use the pendeltåg (normal train).
You just have to pay the airport passage fee of 85 SEK for exiting and entering the airport ( children under 18 pay no fee ).
Remember that the small ferry to Djurgården is also included.
The old trams are also included :
http://www.djurgardslinjen.se/en/service/
Old Mar 20, 2016, 3:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by helosc
Arlanda Airport is also included in the 72 hours ticket when you use the pendeltåg (normal train).
You just have to pay the airport passage fee of 85 SEK for exiting and entering the airport ( children under 18 pay no fee ).
Remember that the small ferry to Djurgården is also included.
The old trams are also included :
http://www.djurgardslinjen.se/en/service/
The bus between Marsta and Arlanda Airport (and Arlanda Airport and Mastra) is allowed without any additional passage fee. And the SL pendeltag trains between Stockholm C and Marsta are also allowed on the SL 24/72 hour passes without any additional fee. So there are at least two ways to use these passes to get between the airport and central Stockholm, one with no surcharge and another with a surcharge.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 9:50 am
Original Poster

I already bought the Arlanda express return tickets before realizing I can somehow use the Travel card :-( But thats okay as its our first time in Sweden we might as well enjoy the Arlanda express. Next time I will remember the cheaper way to get to ARN :-)

I planned yesterday and realized there are many things to see within greater Stockholm that a trip to Uppsala / Sigtuna would not be possible ...Thanks all for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.