Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CPH airport - terminal 2 & 3.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:55 am
Original Poster

CPH airport - terminal 2 & 3.

For those familiar with CPH , is Terminal 2 and 3 nearby ? We are arriving at Terminal 2 via Norwegian air but have to go to Service Center to pickup the Copenhagen card which is in Terminal 3.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Terminal 2 and 3 airside are (like) one terminal.
You'll exit into terminal 3 landside, which is where I assume you'll be picking up your Copenhagen Card.

Last edited by helosc; Jan 11, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for info. So you are saying even though we arrive in Terminal 2 (Norwegian air), we would still be getting out of Terminal 3?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:20 pm

Yes, you'll exit straight into Terminal 3 landside.

There is only one luggage collection area and one exit no matter which gate you arrive at.

To be honest, I didn't even know there was a terminal 2 and 3 airside, it's just one big terminal.
Landside I am aware of the two terminals, as some airlines have check-in in 3 and some in 2 but it's only a 1 minute walk between the two.

Last edited by helosc; Jan 11, 2016 at 12:37 pm
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks helosc. Its funny that the info you provided (common arrival/luggage/customs) for terminal 2 and 3 is not mentioned anywhere (or I must be blind to completely miss it) on any terminal map websites.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:07 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
In effect, terminal 2 and 3 are just different banks of checkin desks for the same airside terminal, 2 being the old building. You can see the split between old and new airside too (depending on whether you turn left or right from the exit-through-the-duty-free shop, but by this stage, it's the pier letter that counts, not the terminal.

On arrival, it's a common exit, as noted above. Immigration takes place at the end of the C-pier, for non-Schengen. This is part of the new building (and where several DY flights arrive), but I guess the simplify things by letting the checkin location determine the nominal terminal.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:08 am

I was looking for maps for you yesterday that would clarify my explanation but didn't find a useful one.
I was also trying to find the location of the service center that you mentioned but no luck.
There is an information desk in terminal 3 landside, to the left, straight after you exit the luggage collection area/customs.
I sort of assume that this is the service center that the Copenhagen Card website mentions.
If you don't need the information straight away, I'll be in the airport on the 22. of January and I can ask that information desk if they are the picking up point in the airport.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by helosc
I was looking for maps for you yesterday that would clarify my explanation but didn't find a useful one.
I was also trying to find the location of the service center that you mentioned but no luck.
There is an information desk in terminal 3 landside, to the left, straight after you exit the luggage collection area/customs.
I sort of assume that this is the service center that the Copenhagen Card website mentions.
If you don't need the information straight away, I'll be in the airport on the 22. of January and I can ask that information desk if they are the picking up point in the airport.
That would be awesome if you can check on Jan 22nd . Here is the verbatim email text they send me..

Also take a picture for reference if possible

"Thank you for your e-mail and interest in Copenhagen Card.

Terminal 3 is the arrival hall, so you will find the Service Center when you have left the luggage hall and arrived in Terminal 3.
"

Last edited by MNSWEEps; Jan 12, 2016 at 12:43 pm Reason: + comments on pix
Old Jan 13, 2016, 5:34 am

From that email text, it seems clear to me that it is the information desk in terminal 3 landside.
But I'll ask them anyway to make sure.
I can't upload pictures but you can't miss it. Look to the left after you exit the luggage/custom.

I found a map that shows the landside area of terminal 3:
http://www.danishsquash.dk/djo/trans...irport_Map.pdf

Airside is dark grey and landside light grey.
You come out of the green area 'Arrivals' and the information desk is the 'i' to the left.

Last edited by helosc; Jan 13, 2016 at 6:00 am Reason: added map
Old Jan 13, 2016, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks hellos.. Very useful.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:11 pm

I can confirm that the Copenhagen Card can be picked up at the information desk I mentioned earlier. It is situated in terminal 3 landside.
Exit luggage area/customs and look left. It is situated about 10 meters after exiting - very easy to spot.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by helosc
I can confirm that the Copenhagen Card can be picked up at the information desk I mentioned earlier. It is situated in terminal 3 landside.
Exit luggage area/customs and look left. It is situated about 10 meters after exiting - very easy to spot.
Thanks helosc..appreciate your help.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I need to take a positioning flight to CPH on a Monday morning. Is 1hour and 20 minutes enough time to transfer?

Norwegian LGW- CPH 6:20- 9:10 arrives terminal 2

BA CPH- LHR 10:30-11:40 departs from terminal 3

BA LHR- LAX 3:30- 6:50

Hand Baggage Only
Will Have Boarding Pass
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Assuming your incoming flight from LGW in on-time, this is more than enough time since you do not have to check in any bags.
AStarr likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:59 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
You won't even need to go through security or passport control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.