Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Schengen/Schengen transfer at OSL

Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Hi all, looking for some advice please;

This isn’t strictly a BA question, but it does involve Sunair and I think the knowledgeable folks on this board are the best people to ask.

I have a 90min transfer at OSL from a Sunair flight from BLL to a Norwegian flight to AMS. I will be HBO.
I understand that the best way to make the transfer is by using the transfer point at gates 42/43 to get down to the departures level of the Schengen area.

My question is what happens if I get a bus stand? Where are passengers dropped from the bus, and is it possible to use this connection point from a bus stand?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by EI147
My question is what happens if I get a bus stand? Where are passengers dropped from the bus, and is it possible to use this connection point from a bus stand?

Thanks in advance
Yes it is, the bus stand places you right by that transfer point. No security if Schengen to Schengen, so it's a piece of cake. It's all clearly signposted. On my last BLL-OSL service I was given a bus transfer - this was about September.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes it is, the bus stand places you right by that transfer point. No security if Schengen to Schengen, so it's a piece of cake. It's all clearly signposted. On my last BLL-OSL service I was given a bus transfer - this was about September.
Thank you very much CWS!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
It will take you 5 minutes. Piece of cake indeed.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by EI147
Hi all, looking for some advice please;

This isn’t strictly a BA question, but it does involve Sunair and I think the knowledgeable folks on this board are the best people to ask.

I have a 90min transfer at OSL from a Sunair flight from BLL to a Norwegian flight to AMS. I will be HBO.
I understand that the best way to make the transfer is by using the transfer point at gates 42/43 to get down to the departures level of the Schengen area.

Thanks in advance
Just curious, do you travel BLL-OSL-AMS, and why?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrisljo
Just curious, do you travel BLL-OSL-AMS, and why?
It is not exactly a sensible route, and is part of an even less sensible itinerary . I am going to AMS anyway, and as I have never been on a Dornier, decided to try out Sunair.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
90 min is plenty of time for a transfer at OSL regardless how you make it (bus, Schengen/Schengen or landside->airside). Dont worry!
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
I'll be doing a Schengen-Schengen transfer at OSL in March. Flying LIS-OSL-CPH (an award ticket). The gate 42/43 procedure seems quite straightforward, but as I'm arriving into OSL after midnight I was wondering what the opening hours are for this facility.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.