Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Cheapest way to get from Stockholm to ARN airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest way to get from Stockholm to ARN airport?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles; Marriott Rewards; UAL MileagePlus
We are coming off a cruise at Stockholm and made our own flight reservations. We will have 2 big suitcases each for the 4 of us, so rather than just arranging the transfer to ARN (where we're spending the night) through the cruise line, what would the community recommend? We're all in our late 60s, but not invalids. Thanks for any advice!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlaAnnie
We are coming off a cruise at Stockholm and made our own flight reservations. We will have 2 big suitcases each for the 4 of us, so rather than just arranging the transfer to ARN (where we're spending the night) through the cruise line, what would the community recommend? We're all in our late 60s, but not invalids. Thanks for any advice!
Where at ARN are you staying?

Most Stockholm taxis cannot fit 8 big suitcases, so that is an issue to consider. And taking the public buses or subway trains with 8 big suitcases is not a good idea either.

I would be inclined to take a hired car/taxi (or two), as long as the price was reasonable and set in advance. Another option may be taxi+Arlanda Express. But with 8 big suitcases, I wouldn't be a big fan of that either, even if getting the Arlanda Expeess ride for a substantial discount from the regular full fare rate.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by FlaAnnie
A large taxi from Stockholm to ARN is about 700kr. (~$80) split it by the four of you and only spend about $20/person
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
A large taxi from Stockholm to ARN is about 700kr. (~$80) split it by the four of you and only spend about $20/person
Thank you so much!!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Where at ARN are you staying?

Most Stockholm taxis cannot fit 8 big suitcases, so that is an issue to consider. And taking the public buses or subway trains with 8 big suitcases is not a good idea either.

I would be inclined to take a hired car/taxi (or two), as long as the price was reasonable and set in advance. Another option may be taxi+Arlanda Express. But with 8 big suitcases, I wouldn't be a big fan of that either, even if getting the Arlanda Expeess ride for a substantial discount from the regular full fare rate.
We're staying at one of the in-terminal hotels, since we have a very early flight. Sounds like we may need to plan on a couple of taxis if there's not a large enough one. Hopefully there will be some at the port.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.