Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is my son age is a problem (legally)?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Is my son age is a problem (legally)?

My son is Israeli citizen With an Israeli passport, was born on 10/07/1999, and he would like to travel in Norway's fjords from 24/06/2015 until 08/17/2015. Is my son age is a problem (legally)?

Of course he has parental permission and all necessary arrangements.

he plan fly with Pegasus Airlines and they said my son age is fine,

So my question is about the authorities of Norway.
Old May 1, 2015, 4:59 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Hello JONY453, and welcome to Flyertalk!

The query does concern the Schengen zone, but I've a feeling the response is more specific to Norway. As such, I'm going to move the thread to the Nordic Countries forum, to see if we can find an expert in such matters...

Please continue to follow this topic in the Nordic Countries forum.

stut
Europe Forum
Old May 1, 2015, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by JONY453
My son is Israeli citizen With an Israeli passport, was born on 10/07/1999, and he would like to travel in Norway's fjords from 24/06/2015 until 08/17/2015. Is my son age is a problem (legally)?

Of course he has parental permission and all necessary arrangements.

he plan fly with Pegasus Airlines and they said my son age is fine,

So my question is about the authorities of Norway.
I see US minors of nearly the same age as your son enter the Schengen Zone at OSL or elsewhere in Norway without any adults. They may get more questions than say a 25-year-old, but as long as the stay seems to have been approved by the parents and the arrangements for the trip were parent-approved, it hasn't been a show-stopper. That said, you should contact the Norwegian, Turkish and any other relevant countries' authorities to see what their policies are for admissibility of "young passengers" traveling without a custodial adult.

Also, check out the conditions for how hotels/hostels/lodging venues in relevant destinations deal with payment from minors for these accommodation services -- if, by chance, they make an issue over age and notice the age somehow.

Last edited by GUWonder; May 1, 2015 at 7:12 pm
Old May 10, 2015, 12:45 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Some Norwegian hotels (specifically the Thon chain) have refused below-18s to stay even on prepaid reservations, stranding teenagers in a strange city. Youth hostels etc should be no problem, and certainly 15/16 year old Norwegian kids do travel on their own in this area. I do not know about any formal/legal obstacles from the authorities against kids travelling on their own. There is no obligation to carry ID in Norway either (but foreigners should carry their passport). As long as the kid appears able to take care of himself, the authorities won't bother.

Link in Norwegian: http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/n...et/a/23414737/ The fact that this has become a newspaper issue, sort of proves that there is nothing shocling that Norwegian 16 year old kids go to Oslo on their own.

Last edited by ksu; May 10, 2015 at 12:55 pm Reason: Adding link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.