Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Q on Immigration and Customs

Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

For a trip this summer my wife and I will be flying EWR-LHR-SVG (Stavanger, Norway) and then returning BGO (Bergen, Norway)-OSL-EWR.

I assume that on the return we will go through an immigration check in OSL but our bags will be checked through and we won't have to pick them up in OSL. Is that correct?

On the way out where do we go through immigration? LHR or LHR and SVG? Do we have to pick up our bags in LHR and recheck or do they go all the way through without us touching them.

Although I travel a fair bit from the US to the EU. Norway is new to me.

TIA
Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mander
For a trip this summer my wife and I will be flying EWR-LHR-SVG (Stavanger, Norway) and then returning BGO (Bergen, Norway)-OSL-EWR.

I assume that on the return we will go through an immigration check in OSL but our bags will be checked through and we won't have to pick them up in OSL. Is that correct?

On the way out where do we go through immigration? LHR or LHR and SVG? Do we have to pick up our bags in LHR and recheck or do they go all the way through without us touching them.

Although I travel a fair bit from the US to the EU. Norway is new to me.

TIA
I do US-LHR-SVG a fair amount.

For EWR-LHR-SVG, if it's all on one booking and you aren't spending the night in London, then you do immigration and baggage claim only in Norway.

For BGO-OSL-EWR, if it's all on one booking and you aren't spending the night in Oslo, then you do departure immigration in Norway but don't need to claim your bags again until Newark.

In each directions, check your bag tags: on the way to SVG, make sure it mentions SVG; and on the way from BGO, make sure it mentions EWR.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM
Great. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.