Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Car Rental Return at Copenhagen Cruise Port?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:43 am
Original Poster

I am taking my family on a trip this summer to Denmark and Norway. We are starting at Billund to see Legoland, and we would like to rent a car at Billund airport and then drive to Copenhagen, where we will stay a few days and then we are taking the cruise ferry to Oslo. Is it possible to return a car at the Copenhagen cruise ferry port, or will I have to return the car elsewhere in Copenhagen and then find another way to the cruise ferry port?

Would I be better off taking the train or flying from Billund to Copenhagen? Billund doesn't have train service so I would have to go to Velje to catch the train, but the airport is right there.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
"Cruise ferry port" sounds quite dramatic. The ferry departs from Langeliniekaj, which is adjacent to a park like setting downtown where the Little Mermaid is located.

The downtown car rental locations (Hertz, Avis, Europcar, etc.) are in the area near the main station and Vesterport (specifically Hertz). I would drop your family and luggage at the dock and then drive the car over there; it would take 10 min. You can take a cab back or the train 2 stops to Oesterport (4 min) and then it's maybe a 10-15 min walk. So if you arrive at the dock an hour before the boat departs then you will have time to get back. Worst case, it's a car ferry!

The timing is good since the Oslo boat departs in the late afternoon so the downtown car rental will be open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.