Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Cheap fligt to Reykjavik from anywhere in Europe in July/August 2015?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

I'm interrailing through Europe with a friend during the summer months, but the dates haven't exactly been set yet. I wanted to surprise her with a flight to Reykjavik because she adores Iceland, but our budget is limited.. I personally can't find a lot of really cheap (return) flights, but it'd be amazing if any of you could! Departing from anywhere in Europe! That's what's so convenient about interrail!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:47 pm

Check WOW, Easyjet and Icelandair ... but none will be particularly cheap.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:31 am

And Iceland isn't my first thought when I think of cheap vacation - food, drink, lodging are all on the expensive side.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
WOW is pretty cheap.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:02 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
We're looking at flying back from Boston to MAN via Reykjavikwith a stopover after a transatlantic cruise and the leg from Iceland in mid Aug is only £56 - not mega cheap but a lot less than we thought. Icelandair website.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Green Dragon
And Iceland isn't my first thought when I think of cheap vacation - food, drink, lodging are all on the expensive side.
One of my cheapest holidays has been in Iceland. I camped in a tent and basically just ate pasta - doesn't cost much at all. Last summer Flybe had bargain flights to Reykjavik - I paid about Ł60 return, but I don't know if they're doing it again this year (it was a "twilight flight" trial where they used the planes overnight when they'd normally be left on the ground).

I tend to find that I actually spend less in expensive countries than I do in cheap countries, as in the expensive ones I just don't buy anything!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.