Wiki Posts
Search

From Norway to Orlando

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

From Norway to Orlando

Hi,

I need to fly to Orlando, FL from Bergen, Norway on June 16th.

What do you recommend I do to save money?

The cheapest flight I could find was $673 via Iceland Air to Newark and then I'd have to take something like Jetblue to get to Orlando for about $160.

From Oslo its about $541 but I'd have to get to Oslo from Bergen, which is $70 and add 2 hours of flight time.

Considering I have 25,000 miles in my US Airways account, and they're a part of One World and Star Alliance, what creative routes could I take so that most of that $833 (total from Bergen, Norway to Orlando) is "subsidized" by my miles?

I'm open to flying to other cities in order to take partner airlines.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:51 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by enrique550
Hi,

I need to fly to Orlando, FL from Bergen, Norway on June 16th.

What do you recommend I do to save money?

The cheapest flight I could find was $673 via Iceland Air to Newark and then I'd have to take something like Jetblue to get to Orlando for about $160.

From Oslo its about $541 but I'd have to get to Oslo from Bergen, which is $70 and add 2 hours of flight time.

Considering I have 25,000 miles in my US Airways account, and they're a part of One World and Star Alliance, what creative routes could I take so that most of that $833 (total from Bergen, Norway to Orlando) is "subsidized" by my miles?

I'm open to flying to other cities in order to take partner airlines.

Thanks in advance!
Transatlantic one-ways are expensive, Icelandair is one of the few carriers that actually have good one-way prices (but it appears that you'll have to stop overnight en route to use them). Norwegian (www.norwegian.no) has good prices also one-way, even though their reliability on intercontinental routes hasn't been that convincing (a common quip in Norway is that their Dreamliners are Nightmareliners). They do not fly on Mondays to Orlando, though, but they can get you there (via Oslo) on Sat 14 for NOK 3009 (with a long lay-over in Oslo), or to Fort Lauderdale on Tue 17 for NOK 2717,

US is not in Star Alliance anymore, only in One World. BA has direct flights from Bergen to London, so I would check whether it was possible to use your miles on them. Any one-ways bought with cash BGO-MCO are very expensive, but perhaps you might have luck with miles.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:21 am

US doesn't offer one-way rewards, at least on their metal.
That said, The cheapest one-way domestic award is 12,500 miles. Cheapest one-way TATL is 30K miles.

Additionally, the taxes and fees, because you are within the "quick-ticket" gouge timeframe will be $110, minimum.

Beyond that, have a look in the US forum for OW options, but I doubt you will have much success. Good Luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.