Wiki Posts
Search

Connection times at ARN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, AA, DL
Connection times at ARN

Hi all! I hope this is the right place to post this. My traveling party is considering different routes through Europe and wonder whether one of our options would work out.

We would arrive on the SK OSL-ARN flight at 8:00am and would have until 9:00am to connect to the UA ARN-EWR flight at 9:00am one morning. I am concerned both about physically making the connection and making sure our bags were taken care of. These would be on two separate itineraries, but I suppose that upon checkin we might be able to ask for our bags to be interlined.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: bahn.bonus, FB, EB
Haven't flown UA from ARN recently, but when flying with them (or any other US carrier) from Europe, you get the whole Ben Gurion lite treatment with interviews before you even reach the check in counter and then again at the gate. It takes time. At HAM, it once happened that I arrived two hours before departure and reached the gate when boarding already had started. With status and fast track.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DeterminedToUpgrade
Hi all! I hope this is the right place to post this. My traveling party is considering different routes through Europe and wonder whether one of our options would work out.

We would arrive on the SK OSL-ARN flight at 8:00am and would have until 9:00am to connect to the UA ARN-EWR flight at 9:00am one morning. I am concerned both about physically making the connection and making sure our bags were taken care of. These would be on two separate itineraries, but I suppose that upon checkin we might be able to ask for our bags to be interlined.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
If your bags are not checked across the flights by SK in OSL -- and they can be sticklers although most often Star carriers will do it -- you'll be in a pickle of a situation at ARN. Even if bags are thru-checked, absent online checkin working for this flight from ARN -- which isn't guaranteed -- you'll likely have a high chance of missing the check-in cut-off time.

I usually check in for my ARN-EWR flight on UA (and CO before) at 7:57 am (when it's scheduled to depart at 9 am and not at 8 am) and things go quickly for me as the lines are gone by then.

If you were on one single ticketed PNR for all the flights, you'd have better luck. I would advise looking for an alternative to what you mentioned above.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, AA, DL
Thanks both. In the end, by the time we would've purchased the ticket, our original fare buckets were no longer available, so we went with a different route that will get us into Stockholm the night before. Much safer!
Old Mar 29, 2014, 1:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DeterminedToUpgrade
Thanks both. In the end, by the time we would've purchased the ticket, our original fare buckets were no longer available, so we went with a different route that will get us into Stockholm the night before. Much safer!
If you need a good hotel value at ARN or near the central Stockholm drop-off point for the Arlanda Express train or cheaper airport bus, buying and redeeming Choice hotel points may be your friend. We use that or a Carlson group hotel friend and family rate to maintain cost control -- but for the latter you should at least know the name and work location of a Carlson group employee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.