Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GOT (Gothenburg Landvetta)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2012, 8:05 am
Original Poster

GOT (Gothenburg Landvetta)

Just a quick note to say, don't bother arriving earlier than 2.5hours before your flight, you won't be able to check in with luggage. The place is pretty drole and hardly anything to do.

There is a cafe that server strong coffee with free refils and if you go upstairs, there's a bench which you could potentially catch 40 winks...

There is free WIFI around the airport after sending a code via SMS to your mobile phone.

Airside, there is one Lounge for international flyers, Menzies, which is shared by all airlines including Priority Pass - basic.

Last edited by jamesdean; Nov 25, 2012 at 8:28 am Reason: Additional info
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:43 am

Nice small airport .. flew SK out and easy in, easy out but not much to do/see/buy.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: DL UA
been in and out of this airport 50 times. It's actually pretty nice IMHO- easy in and out - although check in can be a bit of a cluster at peak times. There are decent duty free stores- no great restaurants but a couple of places for snacks. Because it's not too big I have rarely had a delay ( except when the destination airport has a ground stop on incoming). I have flown in and out in some pretty dicey weather and their cround crews are pretty efficient.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: Eurobonus, Thon Gold
What did you expect? Its a small airport.
None off the scandinavian airports are a place for sightseeing in itself. Its a functional place to get on the aircraft.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Can I realistically make a 1:40 connection from DY #4073, ARN-GOT, arriving at 09:35 to BA #791, GOT-LHR, departing at 11:15? The two tickets would be booked separately. The next earlier DY flight from ARN arrives at 07:55, which would obviously be a much safer play with 3:20 to connect, but I'd rather get a little more shuteye. I've never flown DY before and have never transited GOT, so I welcome some advice from those in the know. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:57 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Can I realistically make a 1:40 connection from DY #4073, ARN-GOT, arriving at 09:35 to BA #791, GOT-LHR, departing at 11:15? The two tickets would be booked separately. The next earlier DY flight from ARN arrives at 07:55, which would obviously be a much safer play with 3:20 to connect, but I'd rather get a little more shuteye. I've never flown DY before and have never transited GOT, so I welcome some advice from those in the know. Thanks in advance.
It's readily possible there and generally without issue; but with checked luggage it can be a bit close some times.

Have you considered using (even buying if necessary) BA points to fly on the non-stop ARN-LHR flight? Or maybe your GOT-LHR flight is part of a ticketed PNR with more flights than just the GOT-LHR flight?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It's readily possible there and generally without issue; but with checked luggage it can be a bit close some times.

Have you considered using (even buying if necessary) BA points to fly on the non-stop ARN-LHR flight? Or maybe your GOT-LHR flight is part of a ticketed PNR with more flights than just the GOT-LHR flight?
I won't have any checked luggage; just a carry-on.

And, yes, GOT-LHR is one segment of a multi-segment, non-refundable, already-ticketed itinerary.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
I won't have any checked luggage; just a carry-on.

And, yes, GOT-LHR is one segment of a multi-segment, non-refundable, already-ticketed itinerary.
With cabin baggage only, it's easily do-able. Even better/easier if you can do online check-in for the BA flight. That said, if there is a long delay that hits the DY flight, then I'm not sure what you'll do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.