Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Copenhagen to Stockholm Transport

Old Mar 12, 2011, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

My friends and I are going to be travelling through Europe this April and we would like to make it up to Stockholm. We have a global eurail pass but to reserve a train it costs around $100 per person. Is there a cheaper way to travel between the 2? Any good airlines that have flights? Thank you.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
I highly recommend LCC www.norwegian.no
Change to english text at top right.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: SAS
Give SAS a chance as well - return fares between Copenhagen and Stockholm down to 700Dkr ($120).
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:28 am
jth

Programs: SK EBS, BAEC blue, SPG
$100 just to make a seat reservation? You must be joking...
Sounds strange, do you really have to reserve in advance? Getting same-day or next day reservations on the X2000 trains when you are in CPH should not be impossible?
Otherwise, try Norweigan or SAS as previously suggested. Single trips can be had from 199 sek on norwegian.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: SK*Gold
The airline suggestions are good. If you are on a tight budget, you might consider taking the bus, which will run about 50$ one way. Plus you'll save on the bus from Stockholm aiport (Arlanda) to downtown, which if I beleive is around $10.

The downside is that the bus takes about 9 hours. But, if money is a concern, you could take the night bus and save a night's accommodation. You can get info at: http://www.swebus.se/SwebusExpress_com/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.