Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Need info on Helicopter service Bodo-Vaeroy in Norway ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:45 am
MHG
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SK, Accor, Carlson Rezidor

As the title says i need some help regarding the scheduled helicopter service between Bodo and Vaeroy (BOO-VRY) ...

Already found out i can book these flights through Wideroe´s website (and certainly via most travel agencies ... )

But I´m an airline fan ...

So, I prefer to get a ticket (no matter whether e-ticket or paper ticket) directly from the operating airline.
This seems to be impossible as the operating carrier (Helicopter Service A/S in this case) does not offer online booking !
(I understand it´s probably too much "fuzz" for them to have their own booking engine for just a single route...)

I would like to know if there is any local ticket office at either Bodo Airport or Vaeroy Heliport who issues tickets locally on behalf of the carrier.

Is there any local FT´ler (probably from Bodo) knowing more details or is willing to inquire ???
So far I tried to contact Helicopter Service A/S but without response/success
Old Jun 3, 2010, 3:34 pm
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Are you sure that the information you have received is correct? I ask because I think the current contract for Bodø-Værøy was won by Lufttransport AS in 2008.

What is more, Helikopterservice has changed name as it is now a subsiduary of CHC, and it has always specialized in running helicopter services for others, not operating their own routes. Their main contracts have been providing transport for offshore oil platforms in the North sea. They have also run some S&R operations, and as far as I know Bodø-Værøy is the only public transport route they have ever operated.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 1:08 am
MHG
Original Poster

Programs: BA, SK, Accor, Carlson Rezidor
Originally Posted by AHN
Are you sure that the information you have received is correct? I ask because I think the current contract for Bodø-Værøy was won by Lufttransport AS in 2008.

What is more, Helikopterservice has changed name as it is now a subsiduary of CHC, and it has always specialized in running helicopter services for others, not operating their own routes. Their main contracts have been providing transport for offshore oil platforms in the North sea. They have also run some S&R operations, and as far as I know Bodø-Værøy is the only public transport route they have ever operated.
Sorry, you´re right !

It´s Lufttransport AS now ... (the contract runs until 2012 IIRC)

But still ...
The main question regarding ticket office/sales remains !
Old Jun 4, 2010, 5:06 am
AHN

Programs: SK EBG
Their sales and booking office is at Værøy. Phone number: 754 31 800.

Hope this helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.