Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reporting theft in Copenhagen

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2010, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Reporting theft in Copenhagen

Last week I had a Macbook Air stolen from my bag whilst I was at the internet cafe in Copenhagen train station. I did report it to the station office. The police office located in the station was closed at the time. I didn't have much time before my train left, as it was a sleeper train with a lot of connections following, so I ended up leaving the country without making a formal police report.

I made a report on their website (http://www.politi.dk/en/servicemenu/home/) using the 'Report a Theft' button. I haven't received a reply yet, not even a confirmation of the report. I'm not holding out any hope that the laptop will be recovered, but I would like to claim on my travel insurance, which requires me to have a case # from the police. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with filing reports abroad whilst in their home country. Will the report even go through if I'm not able to be there in person? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:55 am

Sorry to hear about you loss of your mac (and data).

It is likely 15 years ago since I last filed a report of theft with the Danish Police (knock on wood), so I am not an expert. But I can se from their web-site, that after submitting the report a window with a receipt notification should open up. If this is not enough for your insurrance (or you did not get the opportunity to print it), my advice would be to call Copenhagen Police at
+45 3314 1448
or e-mail them at : [email protected]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.