Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

LAX Theme Building Observation Deck to Celebrate LAX 50th Anniversary on Sunday, June

LAX Theme Building Observation Deck to Celebrate LAX 50th Anniversary on Sunday, June

Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various

LAWA just spent in excess of $12 million to refurbish the trademark LAX Theme Building. Today commemorates it's 50th Anniversary and there are several activities coinciding with it.

Note the Observation deck is to be open on weekends from 800AM - 500PM

http://lawa.org/newsContent.aspx?ID=1446
Old Jun 19, 2011, 8:42 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Darn it OP, I wish you had posted this earlier. I would have lined up for one of the 300 LAX commemorative coins. What does the coin say? "The White Zone Is For Loading And Unloading, No Parking"? "Please Leave The Keys In The Car"?

Submit your proposed language for the coin....
Old Jun 19, 2011, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Various
I didn't find out myself about this until yesterday eve. Sadly somebody at LAWA missed the opportunity for more press & better attendance or??!

I visited and posted a trip report with photos (see this link):

LAX Theme Building 50 YR Comm Event

Last edited by Robt760; Jun 20, 2011 at 8:20 am
Old Jun 20, 2011, 2:39 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The spider renovations have been going of for years, or so it seems. Was still looking incomplete in May, so they finished very recently. It is an iconic building, probably worth $12 million just in movie fees.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.