Reload this Page >

Question about Limo in NYC for suburbs

Old Nov 1, 2009, 1:35 pm
LAR
Original Poster

Hi,

Does anyone know of a limo company where you can call with little advance notice and arrange for rides into the suburbs? The local limos I know need rides scheduled hours in advance but I believe there are services in manhatten where you can call as dinner wraps up and get taken as far away as Sparta NJ for a reasonable charge.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
LAR
Old Nov 1, 2009, 4:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do you really want a limo? Or just a town car?

Getting a car is generally pretty easy to arrange and easier to get around town and out through the tunnel or over the bridge.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 4:51 pm

Do a search (or look at the sticky on top of the forum) for information about car service. Then call the companies to find one that meets your requirements to Sparta.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 7:06 pm
LAR
Original Poster

Thanks. I guess I meant car service and not specifically limo. I'll search around. If someone knows that one that they particularly like, please share.

Thanks for the help.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 8:33 pm

Lots of good information here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...e-account.html.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:02 am

Where in Manhattan is your dinner? In some neighborhoods there are neighborhood car services that will pick you up on a moment's notice. In my 'hood, for example (the Lower East Side), Delancey and New Day both have cars that are generally available on-demand to go anywhere in the city for roughly the same price as a yellow cab (we use them all the time as it's easier to call them than to try to find a cab near my building). I wouldn't be surprised if they'd be willing to go to the 'burbs, too.

Even if you're not having dinner downtown, though, you might want to give New Day a ring, as they do a bit less neighborhood-around-town business and a bit more airport-type rides (and their cars on average are a notch nicer than Delancey's). I've used them for several airport rides myself, and I've had them pick my parents up at both LGA and HPN for rides to Dutchess County, NY, for example. All were scheduled, though.

Three warnings about expecting spur-of-the-moment pickups:

1) Both Delancey and New Day are very curt on the phone (as are many other car services in the city). Don't take it personally.
2) If it's particularly rainy or a big party night (Halloween, New Years, etc.) they often won't have cars available.
3) Expect to pay cash. Both can arrange for credit cards, but it's a pain in the butt and they'll charge a LOT more for it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.