Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Parking Options (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2010, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by cordelli
This thread discusses airportparking1

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...tpark-jfk.html

I noticed the other day another company called usave that has parking, or at least has a lot and banners and the rest, just didn't see any cars there. I thought they were not open, but a web search found sites that indicate they either are, or were and are now closed or about to open

http://www.aboutairportparking.com/u...irport-parking

Though here there are no pictures of cars, just the lot. The guy posted this last month on Yahoo

I have recently opened a long term parking facility at JFK airport. We provide outdoor valet parking service and we will be open 24/7 beginning April 15, 2010. We provide free shuttle bus service to and from all airport terminals. Our daily rate is $15. Our website is not yet up and running but if you would like to make a reservation you can contact me via email at [email protected] or call us at 718-525-7070 or our toll free number 888-525-7001. We are located at 150-32 N. Conduit Ave Jamaica, NY 11434 approximately 3 miles form the airport. Thanks,

Daniel Schick
USAVE Parking JFK
[email protected]

But last week it still looked like an empty lot with a ton of banners, so I don't know if he is open or not yet.

I needed Airport Parking out of JFK this past Thursday for a quick out of town on business. I had made a reservation with Usave and I was emailed later that day that they were not open for business and did not know when they would be?? So I had to make another reservation. I found another website called jfklongtermparking.com. I thought it was the part of JFK airport. It turns out that its not. No matter. I still made the reservation. I was leaving after 9pm and it was dark. I must have drove right past the place because I ended up at SmartPark JFK. JFKLongtermparking lot is pitch black. I slowed down and eventually saw a sign for JFK long term parking but it was too late, I missed the entrance.

SmartPark was ok. I have tried them before but I wanted to see what this other place was about but couldnt see them. Oh well, try again next time.

Last edited by LimoDan; Jul 3, 2010 at 8:38 pm
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:13 pm

Cheap parking at JFK?

Got in on the Delta fares to Europe and off to Sweden on Tuesday. Any hints for inexpensive parking at JFK Airport? Cheapest I could find is about $18 a day incl. tax for off site or on site -- didnt make a difference.

Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:54 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
akshatp1 ,

I'm pretty sure this has been asked and answered in the NYC forum, which is really where it belongs, so I'm moving your question there. I'm guessing the moderators will merge this thread with an existing one.

EmailKid
Budget Travel moderator
Old Apr 3, 2011, 1:26 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by akshatp1
Got in on the Delta fares to Europe and off to Sweden on Tuesday. Any hints for inexpensive parking at JFK Airport? Cheapest I could find is about $18 a day incl. tax for off site or on site -- didnt make a difference.
Welcome to the NYC Forum, akshatp1!

I've merged your post into the main thread on JFK Parking options, which is also available from our Sticky post at the top of the forum. Please check upthread for more info.

/Moderator
Old Apr 18, 2011, 3:02 pm

Red face Ez Pass was charged when I parked at Avistar?

I stayed at Avistar this past Saturday and paid my bill. I was looking at my ez pass charges and I was charged at JFK Airport as well. On site charge on ez pass?

What the heck is that? How is that possible?

Avistar is offsite and I paid upon checkout so what does the onsite facility have to do with anything?

I am confused??
Old Apr 19, 2011, 7:55 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LimoDan
I stayed at Avistar this past Saturday and paid my bill. I was looking at my ez pass charges and I was charged at JFK Airport as well. On site charge on ez pass?

What the heck is that? How is that possible?

Avistar is offsite and I paid upon checkout so what does the onsite facility have to do with anything?

I am confused??
Avistar is at least a mile from the entrance to JFK's long term lot. Even if you accidentally entered the long term lot and immediately exited, I don't think you would have been charged [your EZ-pass statement would have a time stamp.]
http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-parking.html is the PA's site for jfk parking, did you get even close to the long term lot on the way to or from Avistar?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
Avistar is at least a mile from the entrance to JFK's long term lot. Even if you accidentally entered the long term lot and immediately exited, I don't think you would have been charged [your EZ-pass statement would have a time stamp.]
http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-parking.html is the PA's site for jfk parking, did you get even close to the long term lot on the way to or from Avistar?
I just checked my reservation vs the EzPass timestamp. I checked in at 12:33pm on Saturday AT AVISTAR LOCATION and my timestamp on the EZ Pass is 12:57pm same day??

I read a tweeter that they were having problems parking cars recently(overflow) and they were parking their customers cars at long term parking lot ON SITE?

Thanks for your help nrr
Old Apr 21, 2011, 2:21 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just checked my reservation vs the EzPass timestamp. I checked in at 12:33pm on Saturday AT AVISTAR LOCATION and my timestamp on the EZ Pass is 12:57pm same day??

I read a tweeter that they were having problems parking cars recently(overflow) and they were parking their customers cars at long term parking lot ON SITE?

Thanks for your help nrr
I can't see Avistar moving their cars to the LT lot--something is screwy here.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by nrr
I can't see Avistar moving their cars to the LT lot--something is screwy here.

I agree, it doesnt make sense.

But the fact remains. I was charged at Avistar and on EZ Pass. I keep starring at the facts and figures TRYING to make it wrong, that its my mistake BUT I CANNOT?

Will the airport let them park there if they have overflow? If so, would they charge them? If not, then they are losing money paying airport which is more than what they charge?

I should probably call EZ Pass.
I called Avistar and got a major attitude.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 1:11 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree, it doesnt make sense.

But the fact remains. I was charged at Avistar and on EZ Pass. I keep starring at the facts and figures TRYING to make it wrong, that its my mistake BUT I CANNOT?

Will the airport let them park there if they have overflow? If so, would they charge them? If not, then they are losing money paying airport which is more than what they charge?

I should probably call EZ Pass.
I called Avistar and got a major attitude.
I could see Smartpark or JFK Longterm Parking Inc (not a pa facility) (both not that far from Avistar) to let them use their facilities--something is screwy here..
Old Apr 23, 2011, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by nrr
I could see Smartpark or JFK Longterm Parking Inc (not a pa facility) (both not that far from Avistar) to let them use their facilities--something is screwy here..
I called Port Authority and I got a NASTY , NO WE DO NOT ALLOW OFF SITE Parking companies to use our lot..............(hmmmm.... not for free, not that they know of anyway)

Ahhh........ It seems that Avistar is in fact parking cars at the ON SITE JFK Airport Long Term Parking lot. I called AGAIN and complained and asked what was going on and why I was charged from EZ Pass and POINT BLANK asked them if they parked my car there and other cars? I quickly said if you did, I do not care. Just make it right for me......... THEY OFFERED 3 FREE days of parking for my next stay!

Just thought I would share my findings with you being that you were kind enough to reply and help me figure it out.

(its funny, I remember when I picked up my car that there was a shuttle bus full of employees - it looked weird to me, but now I think they were getting shuttled to ON SITE lot to get cars for customers that were supposed to be parked at THEIR off site Avistar lot)
Old Apr 26, 2011, 8:55 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I called Port Authority and I got a NASTY , NO WE DO NOT ALLOW OFF SITE Parking companies to use our lot..............(hmmmm.... not for free, not that they know of anyway)

Ahhh........ It seems that Avistar is in fact parking cars at the ON SITE JFK Airport Long Term Parking lot. I called AGAIN and complained and asked what was going on and why I was charged from EZ Pass and POINT BLANK asked them if they parked my car there and other cars? I quickly said if you did, I do not care. Just make it right for me......... THEY OFFERED 3 FREE days of parking for my next stay!

Just thought I would share my findings with you being that you were kind enough to reply and help me figure it out.

(its funny, I remember when I picked up my car that there was a shuttle bus full of employees - it looked weird to me, but now I think they were getting shuttled to ON SITE lot to get cars for customers that were supposed to be parked at THEIR off site Avistar lot)
Since all NYC parking facilities are licensed by the city (I don't know which agency though), you might contact the proper one and make a complaint.
If you never plan on returning to AVISTAR what good is 3 free days. From what you describe, I wouldn't use Avistar again.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
But the fact remains. I was charged at Avistar and on EZ Pass.
There is a work-around... remove your EZ Pass and take it with you.
This is good advice for anyone reading... that is unless you want to park for free ... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...n-station.html

Note: the Air Train fee from Howard Beach is $10 roundtrip.

dh
Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by dhammer53
There is a work-around... remove your EZ Pass and take it with you.
This is good advice for anyone reading... that is unless you want to park for free ... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...n-station.html

Note: the Air Train fee from Howard Beach is $10 roundtrip.

dh

Originally Posted by nrr
Since all NYC parking facilities are licensed by the city (I don't know which agency though), you might contact the proper one and make a complaint.
If you never plan on returning to AVISTAR what good is 3 free days. From what you describe, I wouldn't use Avistar again.

Yeah you are right. I shouldnt even consider it even if it is free days.

There is a history of nonsense from Avistar. I dont want to list them because it doesnt matter at this point but I did some research after I saw your reply. Oh well.

To dhammer

I thought this might be a good idea but then I followed the link
and saw this

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...station-4.html

I was going to ask about security via this method but its out on the street.

bostonbali -

Agreed. Not a good idea in my experience. Came out and car was on two cinderblocks. I wish I was kidding. Talk about feeling violated.

Originally Posted by bostonbali
dhammer53, Thanks for posting the parking directions.

I do want to throw out a word of caution to everybody though. I used this tip to park for free for 5 days during a recent trip to HKG. I was a bit nervous leaving my car parked on the street, but dhammer53 reassured me he's never had a problem. Dhammer53, however, must have better luck than me...

I did a quick walkaround upon returning to my car, just to make sure it wasn't scratched (keyed) or did not sustain a flat tire. It looked fine, and I was on my way quickly. I turned on the radio, but no stations came in. Strange, I thought, until I realized that my antenna was taken! A bit further on, I decided to clean the rear window of my Explorer, and noticed that the rear wiper was taken as well! Must have been that out of state (MA) plate that pissed off the locals.

I still appreciate dhammer53's directions and help. ^ But will I park there again? Probably not.

PS - I was parked on 101st street, about 2 blocks from the AirTrain station...
I need to let this go but its taking on its own life in my head. I STILL cant get over the fact that I was charged twice. Its more about the principal and business practices that it is about the EXTRA charge because they parked in on site Airport Parking lot.

I dont know which "place" to call about this? nrr can you point me in right direction?
Old May 1, 2011, 5:39 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah you are right. I shouldnt even consider it even if it is free days.

There is a history of nonsense from Avistar. I dont want to list them because it doesnt matter at this point but I did some research after I saw your reply. Oh well.

To dhammer

I thought this might be a good idea but then I followed the link
and saw this

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...station-4.html

I was going to ask about security via this method but its out on the street.

bostonbali -

Agreed. Not a good idea in my experience. Came out and car was on two cinderblocks. I wish I was kidding. Talk about feeling violated.

I need to let this go but its taking on its own life in my head. I STILL cant get over the fact that I was charged twice. Its more about the principal and business practices that it is about the EXTRA charge because they parked in on site Airport Parking lot.

I dont know which "place" to call about this? nrr can you point me in right direction?
I just did a "google" search and found that the Department of Consumer Affairs seems to be the regulator for nyc parking facilities. Calling 311 (from within NYC) and 212-NEWYORK from outside is a way of contacting them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.