Billy Joel Tix

Old Jun 16, 2015, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Billy Joel Tix

Anyone know of a way to get discount tickets to Billy Joel at MSG in December?

Also, what is the venue like? and are there any seats you would recommend getting or staying away from?

Any advice would be welcome and thanks in advance....
Old Jun 16, 2015, 2:49 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
The shows have been selling out as quickly as they add them. I doubt there will be discounts.

Get the best seats you can afford.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I think Citi cardholders can get to buy them earlier, but that's about it. Definitely worth going, though - I went last year, the Piano Man can still put on a helluva show.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
When each month d they go on sale?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mile ho
Anyone know of a way to get discount tickets to Billy Joel at MSG in December?

Also, what is the venue like? and are there any seats you would recommend getting or staying away from?

Any advice would be welcome and thanks in advance....
No such thing as discount tickets to Billy's concerts. Don't sit in the 400 sections at the newly remodeled MSG; those seats make those who aren't claustrophobic become claustrophobic!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
As others stated, don't even try to get discount tickets. You will be lucky to not get scalper tickets. Try to buy the tickets yourself and early - otherwise you will pay and arm and a leg.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:20 am

My tip: Have dinner at Frankie & Johnnies before the show and ask the coat check lady to let you into MSG through the back door.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Found 2 on stub hub ... section 201 row 3 for 293 after 10% off coupon. That would have been 4 dollars over regular purchase price. With the comments above I went ahead and bought them. Looks like decent seats.

Thanks for the comments and advice and I'll try the restaurant recommendation for the back door entrance. Saw where it's a pain in the &^% to get into the arena.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I'm not a Billy Joel fan, but here's a link to a super New Yorker article about him and these MSG shows.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.