Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

How long to allow for LGA terminal transfer?

Old May 23, 2007, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,

I'm considering an itinerary with a US Air arrival into LGA (US Air Terminal), connecting to a departure on AA (Main Terminal). Separate reservations, since it would be a revenue ticket on US and an award on AA.

Some sites (but not the official site) mention some sort of airport bus to connect between the two. Does that still run?

How long should I allow between the US arrival time and the AA departure time, with no checked bags? How long with checked bags?

It's a Wednesday afternoon, if that matters, and there would be later AA flights available just in case of a misconnect.
Old May 23, 2007, 10:59 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by swag
I'm considering an itinerary with a US Air arrival into LGA (US Air Terminal), connecting to a departure on AA (Main Terminal). Separate reservations, since it would be a revenue ticket on US and an award on AA.

Some sites (but not the official site) mention some sort of airport bus to connect between the two. Does that still run?

How long should I allow between the US arrival time and the AA departure time, with no checked bags? How long with checked bags?

It's a Wednesday afternoon, if that matters, and there would be later AA flights available just in case of a misconnect.
It's not a very big place - I'd be mostly concerned with the time to clear security. IIRC the buses run pretty often, but you could actually walk it in 5-10 min at most.
Old May 23, 2007, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by swag

Getting through Term D in the main terminal (AA) can be a chore, even at what one would consider slow times. With bags I would say 90 minutes to be safe (would probably will still have time to get some food and coffee). With bags maybe 60-75 minutes (not sure how quick USAir is with bags at LGA, other posters might know. Could not be any worsen than PHL from what I understand).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.