Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

JFK-EWR / EWR-JFK transit / connections (consolidated)

JFK-EWR / EWR-JFK transit / connections (consolidated)

Old Oct 8, 2015, 4:54 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Oooh I didn't see! Oops. Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Super Shuttle website said it was $175 in a shared van from JFK to EWR this morning. Ended up using Uber for $119 (55 minutes, no traffic). Is there a cheaper "single-seat" method?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Super Shuttle website said it was $175 in a shared van from JFK to EWR this morning. Ended up using Uber for $119 (55 minutes, no traffic). Is there a cheaper "single-seat" method?
These guys are $32: http://www.allcountyexpress.com/shared_atoa.html

$120 for a private ride is just about right.

Unless Super Shuttle was offering to pay YOU $175, that's insane. Avoid them at all costs in the NYC area. Whatever the question, Super Shuttle isn't the answer.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
These guys are $32: http://www.allcountyexpress.com/shared_atoa.html

$120 for a private ride is just about right.
Would that be the price for a towncar?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
One of the things I like with DL is they provide a paid limo to take you between LGA/JFK for connections. Simply get the voucher from any agent, they call the limo and you're on your way. Wish AA would do that.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:30 am

Hi i just made a reservation that involves JFK->EWR transfer. the transfer time is 4h30m and I am flying in from ICN to JFK in a business class and expecting to have only 1 or no checked baggage. I however need to go through the immigration (F1 OPT Status).

Am I cutting it too close?
the flight is supposed to arrive at 11:50 am and the departure time for EWR is at 4:20 pm and it will be on a normal Wednesday

I am looking at taking either the public transportation as outlined many times in this thread or the all county express (http://www.allcountyexpress.com/shared_atoa.html).
For all county express, I think its awesome at 32$ but it only runs at an hour...so if I dont catch the bus/shuttle at 1pm. I think catching a 2pm one would not be a good idea...right?

Thank you guys!
Old Mar 10, 2017, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
As long as you arrive from ICN close to on time, you should be ok. I would not kill a lot of time waiting for the shuttle, though. If you miss it, I would do public transportation the whole way.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by Blumie
As long as you arrive from ICN close to on time, you should be ok. I would not kill a lot of time waiting for the shuttle, though. If you miss it, I would do public transportation the whole way.
+1 for public transportation, especially if everything with your flights goes on time. I usually take the trains. I can't really comment about the shuttle company you're thinking of using, but transit is generally reliable. Also, you don't have to worry about NYC traffic, which can eat up a bunch of time. Transit is also cheaper.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by brewdog11
+1 for public transportation, especially if everything with your flights goes on time. I usually take the trains. I can't really comment about the shuttle company you're thinking of using, but transit is generally reliable. Also, you don't have to worry about NYC traffic, which can eat up a bunch of time. Transit is also cheaper.
While the public (rail) transportation option will likely be a little faster and cheaper than the shuttle, going by rail will involve three different transfers; the shuttle bus offers a one-seat ride, which can have its advantages if one has just come off a long flight, and has luggage.

The OP does not need the fastest option; he just needs one that will get him to EWR in time to catch his second flight. If he can be on the 1:00 PM shuttle and prefers a one-seat ride, I think that he can take the shuttle with a high likelihood of making his 4:20 PM flight out of EWR. No, nothing is guaranteed, but it would be unusual for the bus to take more than two hours to make the trip from JFK to EWR. Note, though, that the shuttle will likely be picking up passengers from more than one terminal at JFK, so its actual time of departing JFK for EWR will likely be some time later than 1:00 PM.
If the OP misses the 1:00 PM shuttle bus, then the rail option is the way to go.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Hey all. I have JFK->EWR transfer coming up this month. Wasn't ideal, but the only decent award itinerary I could find for my schedule.

Arrive JFK on Eva. 9:45 AM on Saturday, Nov 25 (Saturday after Thanksgiving)

Separate ticket to

EWR departure at 3:46 PM

Unusual for me, I will probably have a checked bag (due to liquid restrictions), so I will need to claim bag as well as re-check at EWR. I do have Global Entry.

After reading through the thread and looking at options, I was leaning toward public transport, but wasn't sure about how crowded they would be on the holiday weekend. Or any significant schedule differences.

Or would something like AirPorter van be a better option? I used it once for a JFK/LGA transfer and it was fine. But again, not sure what the holiday weekend would do for traffic.

If relevant, my luggage would not be huge. A standard rollaboard with the zipper expansion used.

Appreciate any thoughts or guidance.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Hey all. I have JFK->EWR transfer coming up this month. Wasn't ideal, but the only decent award itinerary I could find for my schedule.

Arrive JFK on Eva. 9:45 AM on Saturday, Nov 25 (Saturday after Thanksgiving)

Separate ticket to

EWR departure at 3:46 PM

Unusual for me, I will probably have a checked bag (due to liquid restrictions), so I will need to claim bag as well as re-check at EWR. I do have Global Entry.

After reading through the thread and looking at options, I was leaning toward public transport, but wasn't sure about how crowded they would be on the holiday weekend. Or any significant schedule differences.

Or would something like AirPorter van be a better option? I used it once for a JFK/LGA transfer and it was fine. But again, not sure what the holiday weekend would do for traffic.

If relevant, my luggage would not be huge. A standard rollaboard with the zipper expansion used.

Appreciate any thoughts or guidance.
You can check the mta.info and njtransit.com websites for service status of NJ Transit and the Long Island Rail Road for that Saturday, but my guess is that both will be operating their normal weekend schedules. If you don't mind making the three transfers involved, then I would do JFK AirTrain to LIRR to NJ Transit to EWR AirTrain.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by guv1976
You can check the mta.info and njtransit.com websites for service status of NJ Transit and the Long Island Rail Road for that Saturday, but my guess is that both will be operating their normal weekend schedules. If you don't mind making the three transfers involved, then I would do JFK AirTrain to LIRR to NJ Transit to EWR AirTrain.
Thanks. I had started looking at schedules (via google maps) and it seemed there was a robust frequency.

Any insights as to traffic (both train and road) on the Saturday after Thanksgiving?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Any insights as to traffic (both train and road) on the Saturday after Thanksgiving?
There will be a fair amount of shopping traffic on both. I would probably take the trains for predictability, though you have enough time that the direct shuttle option is probably fine too.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bennos
There will be a fair amount of shopping traffic on both. I would probably take the trains for predictability, though you have enough time that the direct shuttle option is probably fine too.
Thanks.

I have zero experience with NYC public transport, so am leaning toward the shuttle bus (AirPorter). I believe there is a bus transfer required, so not really direct. But should be a bit easier to navigate the multiple transfers / fares of the train.

As long as the traffic is not expected to be crazy, I should have plenty of time.

Thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Thanks.

I have zero experience with NYC public transport, so am leaning toward the shuttle bus (AirPorter). I believe there is a bus transfer required, so not really direct. But should be a bit easier to navigate the multiple transfers / fares of the train.

As long as the traffic is not expected to be crazy, I should have plenty of time.

Thanks.
Traffic could be crazy. I'd go for public transportation. It's very easy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.