Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

Advise on subway to queen, then taxi to LGA

Advise on subway to queen, then taxi to LGA

Old Nov 27, 2004, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Question Advise on subway to queen, then taxi to LGA

I have a flight to catch from LGA and was thinking to maximize saving/time by taking the subway from Mahanttan into Queens and then take a taxi to the airport. Which is the best subway line/station to go to? I'll need to be at the airport by 5AM on a weekday. Does anyone know which subway stations have taxi stands? or would it be easy to catch a cab say from the Astoria Blvd station at 430AM

Thanks to anyone who could help.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 5:45 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by toidness
I have a flight to catch from LGA and was thinking to maximize saving/time by taking the subway from Mahanttan into Queens and then take a taxi to the airport. Which is the best subway line/station to go to? I'll need to be at the airport by 5AM on a weekday. Does anyone know which subway stations have taxi stands? or would it be easy to catch a cab say from the Astoria Blvd station at 430AM

Thanks to anyone who could help.
You can take the subway to a bus... probably can catch a cab there as well. There is quite a lot of information on the LGA website:
http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/lgrtfram.htm
Old Nov 28, 2004, 12:10 am

If it were later in the morning I'd recommend the N or W trains to Astoria Blvd, then look for a taxi (or gypsy cab, which are usually beaten up early-90's Town Cars). You can also catch the M60 bus there (free transfer from Subway with metrocard) when it's running.

But if you really have to be at LGA by 5am, I'd just suck it up and pay for a taxi the whole way. Most buses (not sure about the M60) don't even run that early in the morning, and the subways may only run once every 20-30 minutes. Plus there's unlikely to be any traffic, so in the time you spend waiting for the subway or bus you could probably just about get to LGA. That is well worth the extra $15 or so that it's going to cost you to take a taxi the whole way instead of the subway/taxi combo.

It's also definitely going to be easier to find a taxi in Manhattan at that hour than at the Astoria Blvd stop. The last thing you want is to arrive in Queens at 4:45 and spend 15 minutes looking for a cab to take you the last leg of the journey. Sleep in an extra half hour or so and just take the taxi.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 1:08 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, AA, AS, VX, Hilton Diamond, Marriot, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
About the M60 Bus

The first M60 bus leaves 106th and Broadway in
Manhattan at 4 A. M. The buses run every 20 minutes from 4 A. M. everyday. It takes between 35 and 45 minutes to reach LGA, depending on to which terminal you are going.

For information on the M60 bus, specifically, go to http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/bus/sc...nh/m060cur.pdf.

For information on other bus and subway routes throughout New York City go to http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/

Have a good trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.