Weekend Office Rental in Manhattan?

Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:17 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Original Poster
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Hi FT,

My buddy is looking to for an hourly rental-type of private office space, but for Saturday (tomorrow). Does anyone have recommendations on how to find such places?

I've tried searching for him with liquidspace, wework, and regus, but they're just about useless for weekends (and if you don't already work with them).

Appreciate your help,
BmB
Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If all he needs is a workspace, why not a room at a downscale business hotel which has a work area including free WiFi?

Typically those places are fairly empty on weekends and might be quite open to a day rate. That will mean calling today during business hours and speaking to someone at the property and not getting connected to the toll-free reservations center. Ask for the front desk and see what you can get by giving them time parameters which still allow for the room to be cleaned and be rented for the night.

Before WeWorks and the like, lots of people did this and just handed cash to the front desk clerk.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
If all he needs is a workspace, why not a room at a downscale business hotel which has a work area including free WiFi?

Typically those places are fairly empty on weekends and might be quite open to a day rate. That will mean calling today during business hours and speaking to someone at the property and not getting connected to the toll-free reservations center. Ask for the front desk and see what you can get by giving them time parameters which still allow for the room to be cleaned and be rented for the night.

Before WeWorks and the like, lots of people did this and just handed cash to the front desk clerk.
Appreciate your reply, Often1.

Yes, oddly enough, we've asked hotels to rent out their meeting space, but not rooms. I'll tell him about this possibility...guess that means it'll have to be taken care of by the time sales managers end today's shift.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I would second my suggestion from last year of breather but again if this is the same buddy as last year then the price point may still be a problem:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...ttan-only.html
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Saw this on the new HotelsByDay website link when I put in for a search - this might find your needs perfectly ... on Broadway near the Union Square West area, easy to get to - plenty of upscale & cool places nearby to eat, free WiFi and microwave, etc. (no beds, didn't mention anything about access to showers ... places look cozy to sit back, relax, read & do some work) Best best - just $40 USD for 9 hours (9 am to 6 pm) plus any applicable taxes & fees, etc.
https://www.hotelsbyday.com/en/hotel..._asc&mode=city

Looks like the bed deal, there are day hotel listed tomorrow for locations in Manhattan, use the site above to search. No idea how this is but for so little, worth checking it out - looks more than those shared office rental w. reception desk - assumed that they can store/have a place to store luggage securely while you work and/or take a lunch break around the area, etc.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
i would also suggest breather
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Appreciate all of your replies, jerry a. laska (yep, same buddy), Letitride3c, and closetasfan.

Good suggestions...had never heard of hotelsbyday.com. Hopefully, they're not too fly-by-nightesque.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Appreciate all of your replies, jerry a. laska (yep, same buddy), Letitride3c, and closetasfan.

Good suggestions...had never heard of hotelsbyday.com. Hopefully, they're not too fly-by-nightesque.
I don't remember how long your buddy will want the office for but a few of the Breather spaces available tomorrow are as low ~ $250 total for 8am-5pm. If only a few hours some of the breathers are in the $30+/hour range.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Appreciate all of your replies ... Good suggestions...had never heard of hotelsbyday.com. Hopefully, they're not too fly-by-nightesque.
Hotelsbyday is new, just read about it recently on our cruise forum - it's a new startup from 2014, home base in NY & growing slow in big cities like Chicago - specialized in day rooms ... something that Priceline, Hotwires & AirBnb could be doing. Not sure if anyone wanted to rent a day room at a Comfort Inn unless it's a "clean" bed to sleep and/or store luggage.

I did scan a few articles & reviews written, seemed fine and "kosher" to me - free mobile Apps to use for easy/quick check on availabilities. Good luck & if anyone has feedback after giving them a trial run, would love to read about it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.