Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGA to Times Square

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OnceARunner
Awesome, many thanks. Especially regarding the difference between express and local trains. Good to know I may have been told the high side of an uber fare.
Well, Uber black would definitely be up there, and if there's high demand you could see something like that as well. In that case, just take a taxi unless the line is really long.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:32 pm

Uber in and around NYC is really great, but when I'm know I'll be at LGA (or going to LGA) days ahead of time, I book a Dial 7.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by frankhi
Uber in and around NYC is really great, but when I'm know I'll be at LGA (or going to LGA) days ahead of time, I book a Dial 7.
Dial7 dispatch time is comparable to most other ride hailing services in NYC. No need to book in advance IME.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Dial7 also uses contracted cars, from my experience. They once sent me a guy to pick me up from EWR who was using a GPS saying we were 700 miles from NYC, and he drove us straight towards downtown Newark instead of Manhattan.

Last time I use any of the cheaper dial-up services vs. a high-end one (if I can't do ridesharing, for whatever reason).
Old Apr 7, 2017, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Dial7 also uses contracted cars, from my experience. They once sent me a guy to pick me up from EWR who was using a GPS saying we were 700 miles from NYC, and he drove us straight towards downtown Newark instead of Manhattan.

Last time I use any of the cheaper dial-up services vs. a high-end one (if I can't do ridesharing, for whatever reason).
I've had just as many, if not more, bad experiences with the expensive car services as with the cheap ones. The expensive car services get you a nicer car, but not necessarily a better driver. Truthfully I've had better experiences with Uber than with any of the car services.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Q 70

I just did the trip in reverse, and you cannot beat the Q70. Stay on the bus to Woodside (remember to validate your ticket before boarding). The bus ride took like 7 minutes. From Woodside to Times Square on the 7 local train, add another 20 minutes. I don't think Uber can beat the time, and certainly can't beat the fare.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Stay on the bus to Woodside
Why? The 7 is also at Roosevelt Avenue and if rush hour there's a chance to snag an express.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by sbm12
Why? The 7 is also at Roosevelt Avenue and if rush hour there's a chance to snag an express.
Actually, the express 7 stops at Woodside, but NOT at Roosevelt Ave/Jackson Heights. That said, whether it makes sense to take the 7 at all is entirely a function of where in Times Sq one is going. For many destinations the E or R will make more sense.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie
Actually, the express 7 stops at Woodside, but NOT at Roosevelt Ave/Jackson Heights.

I had the E on my brain and screwed that one up nicely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.