Wiki Posts
Search

JFK TSA Security lines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:54 am
Original Poster

JFK TSA Security lines

Hello,
First post and it's probably been asked before but...

Could anyone who has flown out of JFK recently please tell us how the TSA security lines are? We have all heard about the "summer flypocalypse" so I just want to plan how early I need to be there and how long the lines are expected to be.

I am flying out from Jetblue's T5 soon so any tips would be great as terminals seldom are much fun to hang out in, especially when you have an early flight.

With many thanks in advance for their help,
/Lindus
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Lindus
I am flying out from Jetblue's T5 soon so any tips would be great as terminals seldom are much fun to hang out in, especially when you have an early flight. With many thanks in advance for their help,
/Lindus
Welcome. If you do end up airside early, the food options in T5 have dramatically improved:

http://ny.eater.com/2015/5/20/862819...-airport-guide
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:32 pm

You can google typical wait times for most airport terminals in the US.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik123
You can google typical wait times for most airport terminals in the US.
Thanks, I will use that old friend however I find those numbers are often bought by some agency or company and so not as real as what passengers traveling perceive them to be.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep an eye out for what I can find out there...
/Lindus
Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Lindus
Thanks, I will use that old friend however I find those numbers are often bought by some agency or company and so not as real as what passengers traveling perceive them to be.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep an eye out for what I can find out there...
/Lindus
No - The TSA publishes average times for specific times in the past weeks which can provide fairly accurate estimates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.