Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6 hour layover ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

6 hour layover ideas?

Hello, I have a 6 hour layover at JFK before my flight leaves for London. I know that is not really enough time to go into the city. Are there any movie theaters close by? I figure that would help pass the time unless anyone has any other ideas.

Thanks, Lisa
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
"Jamaica Multiplex Cinemas" is accessible by AirTrain; by taxi, "Linden Boulevard Multiplex Cinemas" is probably a $15 ride each way.

You could also go to the beach (Rockaway) by subway. Sit at a concession, drink a beer, watch the hipsters frolic, and listen to the waves.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

This theater

http://www.kewgardenstheatre.com/

is about a 35-minute bus ride on the Q10 and Q10 Limited buses, which depart from JFK T5. (You can ride the JFK AirTrain for free between terminals.)

Bus fare is $2.75 one way, payable with U.S. coins (no 1-cent or 50-cent pieces accepted); or with a Metrocard. You might be able to purchase a pre-valued $5.50 Metrocard at one of the newsstands in your JFK arrival terminal.

But the film's starting time (and length) would have to align just right to ensure that you got back to JFK in time to clear security and make your flight.

The Q10 and Q10 Limited run frequently, but on your return trip to the airport, make sure that the bus' destination sign says "JFK Airport"; some Q10 trips do not go all the way back to the airport.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Lisa Dente
Hello, I have a 6 hour layover at JFK before my flight leaves for London. I know that is not really enough time to go into the city. Are there any movie theaters close by? I figure that would help pass the time unless anyone has any other ideas.

Thanks, Lisa
NYC is an hour away by public transportation, less by taxi. Go into the city, enjoy a leisurely meal, and you'll still be back in plenty of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.