Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

Manhattan hotel with three beds? any suggestions?

Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:24 am
Original Poster

I am trying to find a proper/sensible hotel in manhattan that will accommodate my family of 2 adults and 2 teens. I need three beds. Not 2 queens, or a king and a pull out queen sofa, but three beds. I simply cant find such a set up without springing for 2 rooms.

Any tips? Looking to spend about $350 a night.

thanks
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:44 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Dates? Where in Manhattan are you willing to stay? Do you require a minimum number of "stars" in a rating?

It's hard to get that kind of bed space in NYC for that price most of the time, but there are some low demand periods where a lower or medium quality hotel might have what you need at that price.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:23 am

Honestly, legal or not, you'll probably be better off looking at vacation rental sites like AirBnB or VRBO. Hotels just aren't generally set up for what you need unfortunately, so you should look at renting someone's home instead.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:42 am
Original Poster

THanks for taking the time to reply. Its just for 2 nights at the end of a Florida holiday prior to a flight home from jfk to london.

Anywhere in manhattan really. My legs work fine and its far from a big place.

It's not booked yet, but it'll be a thurs and fri night in late august. Just trying to find out if its worth it to at least see, albeit briefly manhattan, or simply spending a night a the jfk hilton on points and seeing nothing before a day flight home.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:47 am
Original Poster

just had a look at airbnb. thats a new one on me. looks really promising. thanks for the tip!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"I need three beds. Not 2 queens, or a king and a pull out queen sofa, but three beds."

How about two beds and a pull-out sofa? You might find something like that at an Embassy Suites or similar.

Another possibility is a room with two beds plus a roll-away bed for the second child. You'd have to check around to see if you can find a hotel that can put a roll-away in a room that already has two beds in it: might not be enough space in the room.

My guess is that a suites property with two beds and either a pull-out sofa or a roll-away in the living room would be your best bet.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The Doubletree Suites Times Square has rooms with two double beds and a sofa bed.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
The Beacon Hotel on the Upper West Side has 2 bedroom suites (Queen and 2 twins). Many of the rooms were once apartments (some still are) so most have kitchens.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:54 am
Original Poster

THanks again for the 2 suggestions. The beacon want $550 and night and the Doubletree $700 a night. EEK!!!

2 doubles and a pull out would work fine. Cant find that either :-)
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

look int the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel. a ferry ride over to nyc, and ferry busses are free.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Check out Affinia properties - also renovated apartments. I've only stayed in studios but they have one bedrooms with pullouts and I think a couple of the hotels have two full bedroom options too.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Check out Affinia properties - also renovated apartments. I've only stayed in studios but they have one bedrooms with pullouts and I think a couple of the hotels have two full bedroom options too.
Even more accomodating than the chain-y Affrinia is the always dependable Murray Hill Suitesx, 149 39th Street at 3rd/Lex. Two bedroom suites, at least 3 beds, plus living room, kitchen.
My greetings to Ray and colleagues.

Paul
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by PaulRO
Even more accomodating than the chain-y Affrinia is the always dependable Murray Hill Suitesx, 149 39th Street at 3rd/Lex. Two bedroom suites, at least 3 beds, plus living room, kitchen.
Can confirm, I got Pricelined in there a year or so ago. This is a solid property about ten minutes' walk from Grand Central.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.