Wiki Posts
Search

delivering a suitcase from JFK to an apartment in the city

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

delivering a suitcase from JFK to an apartment in the city

Hi guys,

I am arriving at JFK on Aug 31st at 5 AM, and then immediately have to rush into the city to take a but to Philadelphia. I will have one suitcase that I would like to be delivered from JFK to an apartment in Manhattan. I won't be able to wait much long in JFK for anyone to pick it up. Do you know of any reliable and affordable service that can help me here?

Thanks!
Ofer
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Almost all car services provide this service. Since you're headed to the Port Authority (or some other bus stop), might as well kill two birds with one stone and have the car drop you and then the bag.

Either Elite or Dial7 will handle this just fine. Call one or the other when you have your bag and a car will pull up within 3-4 minutes.

You don't say where you are coming from, but if it is domestic, consider shipping via Fedex/UPS Ground from your home. Typical bag will price out at $25-30 and takes 2-4 days depending on distance. And has the advantage of no schlepping.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would just do this -- it's their business. I would not rely on a car service driver to find your bag at baggage claim and get it to a particular address, and carry it inside to the (presumed) doorman.

http://www.maketraveleasier.com/bagsvip

I've used them twice and it's great.

You have to be arriving on a domestic flight though, otherwise you have to clear your own bag through customs.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
If you're flying American Airlines, they offer this service.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Blumie
If you're flying American Airlines, they offer this service.
So does United.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.