Search

Nemo Stressing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Nemo Stressing

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can allay my fears.

We were supposed to fly into EWR this evening leaving ATL @ 6:30pm and arriving around 8:55pm. Obviously that is not happening. However, we got rebooked on a flight that is leaving ATL tomorrow @ 2pm due to arrive at EWR around 4pm.

From everything that I've read weather wise it looks like the storm will be out of that area around early morning-ish. So I guess my question is, how likely is it that we'll still be able to get up there tomorrow if we are due to land around 4pm?

And my bigger question is, how likely is it that if we don't get up there tomorrow, would we be able to get up there Sunday? As the title of this thread suggests, I'm stressing because we have tickets to see The Book Of Mormon Sunday night @ 7pm.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you can give on this matter. :-)
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Christopher Repotski
Hi all,

Hopefully someone can allay my fears.

We were supposed to fly into EWR this evening leaving ATL @ 6:30pm and arriving around 8:55pm. Obviously that is not happening. However, we got rebooked on a flight that is leaving ATL tomorrow @ 2pm due to arrive at EWR around 4pm.

From everything that I've read weather wise it looks like the storm will be out of that area around early morning-ish. So I guess my question is, how likely is it that we'll still be able to get up there tomorrow if we are due to land around 4pm?
That's up to the airport. Who knows. Follow your flight closely so you don't end up at ATL not knowing your flight had been cancelled.

And my bigger question is, how likely is it that if we don't get up there tomorrow, would we be able to get up there Sunday? As the title of this thread suggests, I'm stressing because we have tickets to see The Book Of Mormon Sunday night @ 7pm.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you can give on this matter. :-)
If your Saturday flight is cancelled, the chances of your getting a seat on Sunday will be even that much harder. With so many cancelled flights already, many pax could have moved their reservation to Sunday already. Maybe consider that too. Think about changing your flight to Sunday morning as EWR (and the backup of flights) should be better by then.

Good luck.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:30 am
Suspended

To quote the judge in A Few Good Men:

"You're not going anywhere"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.