Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

Best Lounge at EWR Airport, Newark, NJ - Service, Comfort, Luxury, Bar/Food, Showers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Lounge at EWR Airport, Newark, NJ - Service, Comfort, Luxury, Bar/Food, Showers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:31 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by philhayes
Just a quick follow-up.

Checked in at Terminal C, walked across to Terminal B and had no problem going through security to use the LH lounge. They didn't even ask what I was doing. Heading back to C for my flight took about 15 minutes from lounge to lounge.
So is the LH lounge the best *A option if you are flying in *A C internationally? (outbound, via YUL)
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium

It certainly has better food and drink but no showers; UA lounge in C has those.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used both the LH SEN Lounge and SAS Lounge at EWR back in March. The SEN Lounge is small and can get crowded but the food and drink selection are quite good. The SAS Lounge is larger and feels more open but the food and liquor selection is worse.

SEN Lounge:

LH Business Lounge:

SAS Lounge:

Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EX PLAT AC Alititude 50K Alaska MVP 75K Hilton Diamond
I visited all these lounges today( LH, SAS, United Club and Art and Lounge) from 12 pm th 7pm. Here are my selections:

1. Best wine and liquor: Art & Lounge
While the same group seems run this lounge and SAS lounge at the same time, I found the wine and beverage selections is better at Art & Lounge. I didn't find any sparking wine at other lounges but a very nice Cava here. This lounge is empty at the time I visited around 12pm-2pm.
By the way, the front desk agent was willing to manually input your priority card# if you forgot to bring your card. Do yourself a favor to download the latest app and register your account online to show the card# on your smartphone.

2. Best roast beef ( cold cut): SAS lounge.
This lounge is the most crowded one at the time I visited ( 3pm). It took me 10 mint to finally find a seat. I run into the same staffs of Art and Lounge a while ago. The food is so so. The roast beef here is quite good and delicious.

3. Best hot buffet: The Senator Lounge
LH's Senator Lounge provides the best food in general. There are beef stew, two hot soup ( New England chowder and Italian weeding), Cod fish, cranberry apple dessert ,chocolate moose and fresh salad tonight. Food in the Business lounge on the right is similar but with less selections. Both lounges are very crowded at 5pm-6pm.
Note there is no precheck at Terminal B and the agent here didn't any exception for Global entry user meaning it will take much more time to pass security.

4. Best shower: United Club C1 at Terminal A
Probably the only lounge at EWR that provides shower rooms. It took 25 minutes waiting minutes waiting. The water pressure is strong and UA provide slipper, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion etc. The deco is not fancy but clean but do the work. Ask hair dresser in advanced as sometimes it would run out.
Food is slightly improved from a year before. The butter squash soup is quite tasty. The rest of them are just so so. I have been visited this lounge all the and found it is always like a mad house. Tonight at around 6pm is quite crowded also but not too difficult to find a seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.