JFK T5-T7 connection time

Subscribe
Hi all -- I'm not too familiar with the JFK airport, and was wondering what the minimum realistic connection time would be between a domestic United flight landing at JFK (T7, I think) and an outgoing JetBlue flight (T5). I would like it to be 30 minutes...to which I'm guessing the answer is 'not a chance' since I'd have to switch terminals, but I'd be landing in first class, have only carryon bags, and am not afraid to run if that would help.

MTA: This would be around 10 pm if that matters.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

You would still have to go through TSA screening at T5, so I would not count on making the connection in only 30 minutes.

Suggest that you call UA and ask what the minimum connecting time is from UA domestic to B6 domestic at JFK. You might be able to do the connection in less time, but the MCT is a good guide.

The actual travel time on the "All Terminals" AirTrain from T7 station to T5 station is only two minutes, but you have to get from T7 to the AirTrain station, wait for an "All Terminals" train, ride it to T5 station, walk from the station to the T5 terminal, clear security, and get to your gate before JetBlue closes the flight.
Quote: Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

You would still have to go through TSA screening at T5, so I would not count on making the connection in only 30 minutes.

Suggest that you call UA and ask what the minimum connecting time is from UA domestic to B6 domestic at JFK. You might be able to do the connection in less time, but the MCT is a good guide.

The actual travel time on the "All Terminals" AirTrain from T7 station to T5 station is only two minutes, but you have to get from T7 to the AirTrain station, wait for an "All Terminals" train, ride it to T5 station, walk from the station to the T5 terminal, clear security, and get to your gate before JetBlue closes the flight.
You forgot to mention that once you get off the AT @ T5 its at best a 10 min walk from the station to the Term building, its inclosed but a very long walk

OP Id Never try to do this with a 30 min leeway, maybe a 60 min at a min. If you miss the train I think it runs every 7.5 or 10 mins at 10PM . Then of cause what if your UA flight is late or they take their time if connecting the jetway etc
Quote: Hi all -- I'm not too familiar with the JFK airport, and was wondering what the minimum realistic connection time would be between a domestic United flight landing at JFK (T7, I think) and an outgoing JetBlue flight (T5). I would like it to be 30 minutes...to which I'm guessing the answer is 'not a chance' since I'd have to switch terminals, but I'd be landing in first class, have only carryon bags, and am not afraid to run if that would help.

MTA: This would be around 10 pm if that matters.
30 minutes? Forget it...even at 10pm. There may be fewer TSA security stations open so security still might take some time. Sure there is a chance to do this in 30 minutes but it's not likely. Plus, what if your UA flight arrives late.
Got it, this was my suspicion. Thanks guys.
I am super aggressive and say that this is crazy. At that hour, can wait 10 minutes for an AirTrain. In addition, the long walk and the useless JetBlue terminal with the potential of endless security lines put it in the category of absolutely not.