Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Complete Guide to EWR - Newark Liberty International Airport [OUTDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RooseveltL
C gives you MUCH more diversity and selection in food vs. a concourse in B. I can't speak to lounge at B but if you want food prior to a flight or during layover airside - C is your only choice at EWR. Term A has a food court pre-screening but it is partially under construction.
Thanks for the advice on the paucity of food options in B, compared to C.

Anyone spent time in the LH lounge in the early afternoon and know what food is on offer there?

And has anybody tried sampling the food trucks that pull up land side between the EWR terminals to cater to the needs of airport workers? These look intriguing, from a distance, at any rate.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 6:12 pm

Early AM Terminal B Check-In and Screening Hours

I'm helping a friend with an early weekday morning flight, but I have no experience with Delta and Terminal B at Newark airport.

Does anyone know how early the Delta check-in counters and TSA screening checkpoints open in the morning there?

Thanks...
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:31 pm

Update on my EWR transit over lunchtime today. My first flight was 34 minutes late, so this didn't encourage me to try too hard to get into the LH lounge in Terminal B. My transfer bus went directly from A to C air side, and never stopped in B, so I skipped that option.

I had a Vietnamese beef and salad wrap from Banh-mi in the Terminal C food court. It was good, but a bit soggy. I'd have been happier if the price for a sandwich and a bottle of water were closer to $10 than $12, but it could have been worse.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by COCoachFlyer
I'm helping a friend with an early weekday morning flight, but I have no experience with Delta and Terminal B at Newark airport.

Does anyone know how early the Delta check-in counters and TSA screening checkpoints open in the morning there?

Thanks...
The first flight out is 5:50am so I would think 4:30am or slightly earlier.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by RooseveltL
The first flight out is 5:50am so I would think 4:30am or slightly earlier.
If the first fight out is at 5:50am, I'd imagine the counters open much earlier than 4:30am. That's really pushing it
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
If the first fight out is at 5:50am, I'd imagine the counters open much earlier than 4:30am. That's really pushing it
Thanks for the comments... even if it is 4:30, that would be fine as the flight in question is not one of those very first ones.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:10 am

No more pay phones in Terminal C?

I looked around for a pay phone in Terminal C the other day and could not find any functioning airside. It appears that they are all being taken out.

I wonder if this is just in C or whether the whole airport is going to become pay phone free? What about international connections with pax whose cell phones don't work in the US, or have a US calling plan. My (Canadian roaming) plan costs $2 per minute!
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA
Looking for car service to take me from EWR to Hyatt Grand Central. Any opinions under $75
Old Jan 17, 2016, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof
I looked around for a pay phone in Terminal C the other day and could not find any functioning airside. It appears that they are all being taken out.

I wonder if this is just in C or whether the whole airport is going to become pay phone free? What about international connections with pax whose cell phones don't work in the US, or have a US calling plan. My (Canadian roaming) plan costs $2 per minute!
In a similar situation abroad, I went to a Starbucks (or some other coffee shop) and asked the barista if I could borrow her phone
Old Mar 15, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: Croatia FlyOnline Buy 5 Get 1 Free
Hi -

Is 1h45 a long enough connection window reliably to make an international-to-domestic BA -> UA connection (separate tickets) at EWR? I'm an American citizen. The flight I'm arriving on has a good on-time record, while the flight I'm connecting *to* is marked by Google Flights as "often delayed by 30+ minutes".

Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
In a similar situation abroad, I went to a Starbucks (or some other coffee shop) and asked the barista if I could borrow her phone
Or, just use the wifi.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by davidvc
Hi -

Is 1h45 a long enough connection window reliably to make an international-to-domestic BA -> UA connection (separate tickets) at EWR? I'm an American citizen. The flight I'm arriving on has a good on-time record, while the flight I'm connecting *to* is marked by Google Flights as "often delayed by 30+ minutes".

Thanks!
Do you have Global Entry and Pre-Check / are you checking any bags? And what time are you arriving around?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Or, just use the wifi.
Not helpful when WiFi isn't free and/or WiFi calling won't work (i.e. you can use Google Voice to call America for free, but not if trying to call other countries)
Old Mar 17, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Not helpful when WiFi isn't free and/or WiFi calling won't work (i.e. you can use Google Voice to call America for free, but not if trying to call other countries)
The complaint was the lack of a pay phone, so (a) the comparison isn't free, and (b) highly likely it's a domestic call.* Wifi is free at EWR (at least for 30 minutes).

*I presume it was a domestic call in the case where you borrowed the barista's phone, otherwise that's a pretty damn big favor to ask a complete stranger.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
The complaint was the lack of a pay phone, so (a) the comparison isn't free, and (b) highly likely it's a domestic call.* Wifi is free at EWR (at least for 30 minutes).

*I presume it was a domestic call in the case where you borrowed the barista's phone, otherwise that's a pretty damn big favor to ask a complete stranger.
In my case, I was in BRU (i.e. no free WiFi)

Does EWR have free WiFi throughout the whole airport? I've never used the WiFi because it was always way too expensive, and between 4G and lounges, never really needed it, so didn't even know they changed that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.