Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Mid-Atlantic > New York City
Sign in using an external account

Old Oct 11, 11, 12:01 pm   #1
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City

Programs: AA PLT, HGP Diam, PC Gold, HH Gold
Savored.com Restaurant Discounts

Has anyone tried Savored.com? I just got an email via their partnership with Zagat. They offer online reservations at some good restaurants (I'm looking at Pampano) with a 30% discount on all food and drink (40% off food only in Boston due to MA laws). The cost is $10 to make the reservation through them, and the discount is supposed to be applied automatically.

18% gratuity automatically applies. Not valid during restaurant week, happy hour menus, special holiday menus. Not combinable with any other promo. Changeable up to 2 hours prior to reservation; not clear if the $10 is refundable, though.

Sounds like they started last year as VillageVines.

http://savored.com/
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/0...-with-savored/

Edited to add: RewardsNetwork IS combinable: reservations made thru savored.com, will I receive AA miles?

Last edited by dstan; Oct 15, 11 at 10:06 pm. Reason: yep, gratuity is automatic
dstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 11, 2:29 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: I have elite status. Yaay for me.
I used them once, back when they were still Village Vines. Everything went without a hitch.

They seem to be adding a couple of restaurants a week, based on all the email they send me.
nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 11, 4:07 pm   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd View Post
I used them once, back when they were still Village Vines. Everything went without a hitch.

They seem to be adding a couple of restaurants a week, based on all the email they send me.
Thanks, just made my first reservation and will see how it goes!

Incidentally, they also have a referral system whereby members get a $10 credit when someone they invite registers & dines. It appears to be conga-able if anyone is interested in participating - please see this thread in S.P.A.M.: "Savored" Restaurant Discount Program
Old Oct 12, 11, 3:09 pm   #4

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstan View Post
Changeable up to 2 hours prior to reservation; not clear if the $10 is refundable, though.
squeakr has posted in the SPAM thread that you get charged AGAIN if you change your reservation time.
Old Oct 20, 11, 8:20 am   #5

I tried Savored after receiving that Zagat email mentioning Pampano. It worked very well. Confirmed with the hostess that our reservation included the discount (she knew exactly what we were talking about) and received the 30% discount on our bill, along with an automatic 18% gratuity based on the total before the Savored discount.

I can't speak to what happens if you need to change or cancel a reservation made through Savored. I will say that the food at Pampano was outstanding.
joe52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 11, 9:46 am   #6

Thanks for posting, joe52 - I forgot to post myself - everything worked fine and it was great to save $48 off our bill in exchange for the $10 reservation fee.
Old Oct 25, 11, 12:14 pm   #7

no charge for changing reservations

Hi all,

I'm the vice president of marketing at Savored and just wanted to clarify a point here about changing your reservations. So long as you change or cancel your booking within 2 hours of your reservation time, we will credit the $10 to your account so that you can use it toward a new reservation; we absolutely will not charge you twice when you need to change your plans.

I hope that is helpful - thanks again for using Savored!

Best,
Cassie Lancellotti-Young
cassieyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 11, 6:45 pm   #8

Welcome to FlyerTalk, Cassie, and thanks for the clarification!
Old Oct 25, 11, 7:03 pm   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieyoung View Post
So long as you change or cancel your booking within 2 hours of your reservation time, we will credit the $10 to your account
Does this mean:
A: You have two hours after you first make a booking to change it before you lose your $10
B: You have to wait until two hours before your scheduled dining reservation to change it or else you lose your $10
C: As long as you make your change at least two hours before your scheduled dining reservation, you get to re-use the $10

I'm guessing C, but that's not what you said.

And don't worry, not all flyertalkers are this pedantic. Seriously, though, welcome and thanks for providing clarity.
themicah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 11, 7:48 pm   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by themicah View Post
Does this mean:
A: You have two hours after you first make a booking to change it before you lose your $10
B: You have to wait until two hours before your scheduled dining reservation to change it or else you lose your $10
C: As long as you make your change at least two hours before your scheduled dining reservation, you get to re-use the $10

I'm guessing C, but that's not what you said.

And don't worry, not all flyertalkers are this pedantic. Seriously, though, welcome and thanks for providing clarity.
Good catch! The Savored FAQ says the following, so I think it is, indeed, C:
Quote:
Am I able to change an existing reservation?
Absolutely. You can change your reservation from within your acount up to 2 hours before your reservation time