Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

Transportation: EWR Alamo to EWR Renaissance - as convoluted as it sounds?

Old Oct 6, 2011, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold

We'll be returning a car to Alamo at EWR, then need to get to the Renaissance for an overnight stay. Sounds like there is no direct way to get from Point A to Point B. Alamo said they don't have taxis there (which I thought would be the most direct way)...they said you take their shuttle to P-2, then take the tram to P-4 (hope I'm not mixing up my 2s and 4s), then take the hotel shuttle to the hotel.

There's got to be an easier way. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
EWR likes to funnel people through P4 because it reduces the traffic in front of the terminals. Your case reveals how this policy can seem a bit wacky, but overall the system works fairly well (as long as the Airtrain isn't broken).

If you are doing this at an odd hour, you may be able to convince the shuttle driver to take you directly to P4, but dont count on it. You will have no luck getting a hotel shuttle to pick you up at P2 or at Alamo. The extra stop at P2 may add 5-10 minutes to your trek, so don't worry too much about it. If your hotel shuttle isn't one that runs continuously, call the hotel from P2 to get the shuttle rolling and reduce your wait time at P4.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 4:23 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Since this specific to EWR and surrounding area, we'll shift this over to the NYC forum for the experts there to chime in. Thanks! /JY1024, TravelBuzz! co-moderator
Old Oct 8, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Suggestion - go to hotel and drop off all luggage and passengers.
Drive to Alamo and the shuttle/AirTran is easier with only one person. It isn't that bad but as mention but can add each 15 minutes at each junction and you have 3 (AirTran > AirTran > Hotel shuttle). If you are press for time you can drive to 7-11 (on airport) or taxi queue at any terminal and ask a taxi driver to follow you to Alamo so you have a cab but not worth the cost if you can do it for free with a little time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.