Inside the new Dream Hotel Downtown NYC (photos, too!)

Subscribe
I got to attend an open-house event at the new Dream Hotel Downtown yesterday, including going in to some of the rooms and lounging on the pool deck with a couple rounds of free drinks. I have to admit that the place is quite pretty.

The rooms - at least the slightly more affordable ones - are small (<300sf), but that's what I expect in NYC and more so from a boutique hotel property. The "Platinum King" room I was in was reasonably sized (~480sf) and priced to match ($655++ to $900++, depending on the day). Then again, it does have unobstructed views of the Empire State Building so that's worth a hundred bucks or so, right??

The pool area was also quite nice, with an adjacent bar/lounge and waitress service in your chaise. The pool is also adults-only after noon.

Seriously, though, the hotel is stylish and pretty. And if you can get a decent room rate (they're on Hotels.com and I was seeing 20% off versus what their own site was selling at) then it might be a nice place to stay in NYC.

Some more details (and larger versions of the photos) are available on my full review of the property.
Where is it exactly?
Directly adjacent to the Maritime. The entrance is on 16th, just east of 9th and the property spans the short block all the way through to 17th.
Local pedant
16th street is relatively convenient to downtown.

Nice pictures. Hotel may probably pander to tunnel traffic for glitzy trashy nightlife more than serve actual guests.
I'm sorry but this looks more like a sleezy Jersey motel to me than a nice NYC property...

Edit: The photos on the property's website (though generally cannot be trusted for any hotel) look much nicer than those posted in this thread (absolutely no offense intended sbm12). Also noted that it is a Vickram Chatwal hotel of which The Chatwal, which recently joined SPG, is an excellent hotel.
Quote: Edit: The photos on the property's website (though generally cannot be trusted for any hotel) look much nicer than those posted in this thread
No doubt. They had pros take the shots with as much time as they needed to stage the rooms and lighting and such. I just happened to be there for a few minutes and was using the camera on my BlackBerry.

It is a nice enough property but I cannot imagine it being worth the prices they're charging.
Off-topic discussion regarding the posting of images in the NYC Forum has now been removed. As stated previously in this moderator post, the posting of on-topic images is expressly allowed in the NYC Forum and across most of FlyerTalk under the FlyerTalk Rules & Guidelines, and this has been the case for over two years now. Members who have concerns about this feature are invited to address their concerns in the appropriate venue, TalkBoard.

Members should note that they may disable the viewing of images in their personal profiles by navigating to:

MyFlyerTalk / Settings & Options / Edit Options / Thread Display Options / Show Images

Again, please refrain from further posts in the NYC Forum regarding whether or not you believe that images should be allowed here. Those discussions need to be held with the elected representatives in TalkBoard.

Thank you for your cooperation.

/Moderator