Wiki Posts
Search

Top Flyer will be launched tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by IBAngel
To quote IB-Dick: “Our intent is to offer a new method of sharing knowledge that some members might find engaging. For those who don't find it engaging, your Flyertalk experience should remain mostly unaffected.”
I read it the first time. The intent is lame. Sorry if your personally offended by this.

If you find the prize to be "pathetic" you are welcome to abstain.
Thanks, I will. And my guess is that most of FT will, too.

Were you around for FT Reviews? That was another bad idea in the dustbin.

A prize, monetary or other, never determines anyone’s worth.
I disagree. FT is putting a value on the advice FTers give. And that value is $25 a month (which you can only "win" 5 times a year).
Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Feels like selling out.
"Feels like?" LOL. What evidence would convince you that it is simply selling out?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
"Feels like?" LOL. What evidence would convince you that it is simply selling out?
It is indeed selling out! guess I worded it too gently!
Old Jan 14, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well if they were doing the right thing they wouldn't bury it in the fine print.

Again, sounds like a contest that benefits IB & Amex more than it benefits FTers.

Cheers.
Definitely reads like that.

Basically this is a popularity contest that can easily be rigged. And the best part seems to be that IB/Amex only have to pay out for the top 10 contributors and gets everyone else's who didn't win for free.

No thanks IB. You can keep you idea.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 6:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
I decided to try out TopFLyer and posted this. I like the idea of being able to easily post photographs and subsequently engage in discussion over them, but I would prefer to see that functionality more closely integrated into the message board experience (and of course either linked to a more worthwhile system of kudos or have none at all).

IB Angel, would you be an angel and let us know if that is a possibility?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.