Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Logan Airport Term C to E, and E. Pre-Check Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Logan Airport Term C to E, and E. Pre-Check Questions

Does anyone know if Terminal E at Logan currently offers a TSA Precheck lane? My flight departs at 10pm and will probably arrive around 90 minutes prior to departure.

Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Logan Terminal C to E Question

Is it possible to go through terminal c tsa with a boarding pass for an international flight departing from E? I understand E doesn't offer TSA precheck
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I haven't tried it, but I would be very surprised if they didn't allow it. Usually, you just need a BP leaving out of the airport for the same day to get into any terminal, so they'll even allow you to enter terminal A if you're flying out of E; they'll just warn you you're at the wrong spot.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:48 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
No, Terminal E does not have Precheck. There is a lane on the far left for premium cabin passengers. I haven't gone through E security around 8:30pm recently, so I can't comment on the length of the lines.

(If you were traveling earlier in the day and desperate to use Precheck, I would have offered the option of heading over to Terminal C, using the Precheck lane there, then wandering over to E via the airside connection. However, even the Precheck lanes in Terminals A, B, and C close by 7pm.)

Source: https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/schedule
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Las, check out this JetBlue thread. C is JetBlue's main terminal, it usually has the most up to date hubbub around our lovely little airport.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-e...-question.html
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
JY, can we combine Las' two threads....they seem to be on a very similar topic.

Navi
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:03 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Heckuva link there!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:07 am
Suspended

Yes you can get from C to E indoors: http://massport.airportwayfinder.com...%20Walk_en.srt
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by BOSTravels
Yes you can get from C to E indoors: http://massport.airportwayfinder.com...%20Walk_en.srt
Not airside though.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by BearX220
Not airside though.
Yes you can get from C to E or vice-versa airside; the link opened not too long ago.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Well I stand corrected. Last time I had to do this, I had to hike outside and along the slip road.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:27 pm

Not airside though.
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Yes you can get from C to E or vice-versa airside; the link opened not too long ago.
Well I stand corrected. Last time I had to do this, I had to hike outside and along the slip road.
As mentioned, this can most definitely be done airside now. I do this quite regularly to a) use the PreCheck line in C before wandering over to E or b) slipping over to a lounge in E even though my flight departs from another terminal.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:45 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note.

Happy to follow the suggestions of several members that the OP's recent separate threads in this forum be combined into one thread, due to their similar focus. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: BA EC silver
TSA Precheck C to E

Originally Posted by JY1024
As mentioned, this can most definitely be done airside now. I do this quite regularly to a) use the PreCheck line in C before wandering over to E or b) slipping over to a lounge in E even though my flight departs from another terminal.
I have Global Entry but thought that in order to use Precheck you had to have a valid boarding pass showing your Precheck status on a participating airline?

I know this thread is stale, but if it does trigger any response, I'd like to know if Logan C TSA agents typically accept an E terminal boarding pass and if they are OK with Global Entry ID as proof of eligibility despite the boarding pass not showing so.

I ask since I recently flew out of JFK on Virgin, who *do* participate in Precheck but were unable (due to some level of agent or systems incompetence) to ID me so on my boarding card. The TSA agent then threw me out of the Precheck lane (despite my Global Entry card). And that was at a terminal I had a boarding card for and with an airline that participates... Virgin Customer Service FastTracked me instead... sigh.

I also fly BA frequently they don't participate in Precheck
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:17 pm

Want to make sure not to conflate the two issues at hand...

1) Terminal C TSA (or any other terminal) will allow you through security as long as you have a valid boarding pass for travel that day out of BOS.

2) In any US airport, they will only let you through if you have PreCheck printed on your boarding pass. Flashing your Global Entry credentials will do no good. See TSA site as well: https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/faq

Can I access the TSA Pre✓® lane by showing my Global Entry, NEXUS, or SENTRI card or TSA Pre✓® approval letter?

No. To receive TSA Pre✓®, you must include your known traveler number in the appropriate field of your airline reservation, and the TSA Pre✓® indicator must be visible on your boarding pass and embedded in the barcode. You will not be eligible to access the TSA Pre✓® lane by presenting a trusted traveler card, TSA approval letter, or other documentation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.