Wiki Posts
Search

BOS Transit for June trip

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:46 am
Original Poster

BOS Transit for June trip

Hi everyone!
So I have a question, I am going to Boston in June and had the idea of take transit to my hotel instead of Uber. I would be getting to Boston about 9:50 PM and was wondering if it would be a good idea or not? I would take the SL1->Red line-> Green line.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:24 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
There is theoretically no problem with doing what you propose, but only you can decide whether taking the free silver line and subways is worth the extra time it would take instead of taking the direct Uber. For me at that time of night, I think I would want to get to my hotel as quickly as possible (especially if I just came off a long flight - not sure if yours is), which would mean Uber.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 9:30 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Most of the time I'd do the free subway. That late in the evening I'd just want to get to my lodging and would cab or Uber it. No traffic = lower fare than during rush hour
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:21 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
It's easy, but it's time consuming, as the other replies indicate.
For me the most important issues are where's your hotel and
what condition you'll be in when you land.
Old May 18, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by Vic121
Hi everyone!
So I have a question, I am going to Boston in June and had the idea of take transit to my hotel instead of Uber. I would be getting to Boston about 9:50 PM and was wondering if it would be a good idea or not? I would take the SL1->Red line-> Green line.
It really depends. Barring a major delay, schedule wise you are fine. If there is a Sox game that night, you might get a lot of traffic on the green line depending on the timing of the game.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Absolutely not. If you have to get on the green line, my sense is that you are staying in Brookline or beyond. At this time of night, connections can be murder. Just get the Uber, trust me. Once you are settled in, public transport is a great option for cruising around.
Old May 29, 2017, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I think it's very difficult to answer this question without knowing exactly where the OP's destination is. If, for example, the OP is taking the Green Line to the Back Bay, I think public transportation at that hour is completely fine, even if a fair bit slower than Uber.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Ok So I just wanted to report back after awhile, Trip was awesome though my last Southwest leg was delayed(We sat on the ground at MDW for awhile) due to Runway repaving. I took uberX to the hotel since it was like already 11PM when I landed, and uber pooled back to the airport when I left.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Vic121
Ok So I just wanted to report back after awhile, Trip was awesome though my last Southwest leg was delayed(We sat on the ground at MDW for awhile) due to Runway repaving. I took uberX to the hotel since it was like already 11PM when I landed, and uber pooled back to the airport when I left.
Thanks for your report. To make your experience more useful for other, would you mind sharing what hotel you were staying at and what it cost to get to and from your hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.