Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

Any Traditional South Indian in Westborough?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I am from south Indian, staying in westborough USA, Any one suggest me that any traditional south Indian restaurant in Westborough?

Thanks & Regards
Dharani
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FlyerTalk. Where is Westborough?

In general you will struggle to find regionally distinct Indian restaurants in parts of the US that don't have large Indian populations. The majority of Indian restaurants in the US are mostly Punjabi I believe.

Last edited by cblaisd; Mar 20, 2017 at 2:51 pm Reason: Edited prior to thread move
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:30 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
There is a Westborough in east-central Massachusetts. I don't know the dining options, though
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
There's a huge Indian population in Metrowest (which includes Westborough). I am not an expert at all in the regions of Indian cuisine, but being a vegetarian who lives in the area and likes spicy food I do enjoy Indian food in general. If you are willing to travel a little (15 min or so by car) there's Dosa Temple in Ashland and Udupi in Shrewsbury.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: Independent
Assuming you are talking about Westboro, MA, the best Indian there is Dharani, it is located on the westbound side down next to Taco Bell, across from the big speedway plaza. I am not really good on what is north/south, but I have been told that is more southern than other restauarants in the area. There are several in Westboro, though. Across the street from there is Masala Cafe, which is more a counter service place, and Mawa house, which is a bakery.

About two minutes down the road, on rt 20, is a big Indopak grocery which has a large cafeteria style place. I think that might be pretty authentic too, but definitely not a restaurant per se (they do have seating). There are several other Indian food restaurants in Westboro, at least 3 more along rt 9 itself and I think there may be one downtown too. And a 15-20 minute drive, depending on where in Westborough you are, is Framingham with even more.My office mate, who is from India, loes Chinese Mirch on Rt 9 in Framingham.

P.S. that restaurant in the market is called KT Grill

Oh, going the other way (into Shrewsbury) about 10 minutes or so down the road in Shrewsbury still on rt 9 is a veg restaurant I have heard a lot of good things about called Udupi. Whatever you do though avoid Bollywood Grill in Shrewsbury.

Last edited by Cloudship; Mar 21, 2017 at 1:50 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.