Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

What is on level 4 of BOS terminal E?

Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

I recently flew out of terminal E, and took a walk around the new gates. By gate E11, there is a staircase leading up to level 4 (it was roped off).

Does anyone know what is up there?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:28 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
I see on Massport's interactive map that there is an elevator to the "Virgin Atlantic Club House" near E11 - could that be it?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
All the current lounges are being moved up there. The stairs are roped off, but you can get up in the elevator if you want a look.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by lo2e
I see on Massport's interactive map that there is an elevator to the "Virgin Atlantic Club House" near E11 - could that be it?
BA already have and EK are getting lounges on level 4. I'm not aware of VS moving their 'Clubhouse' from the mezzanine level 2.

See here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...h-opening.html for more info on the new BA lounge.

(Stolen from the `New BA Lounge thread')
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Lufthansa is also getting a lounge on the 4th floor. Each new lounge will have direct boarding access to its respective airline's gate. The old lounges, including Virgin Atlantic and Air France, are still on the 2nd floor and unchanged from before.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Kumulani
nge will have direct boarding access to its respective airline's gate.
But the gates are common use and aren't assigned until arrival. How would that work?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by diburning
But the gates are common use and aren't assigned until arrival. How would that work?
Common use doesn't mean gates are randomly assigned. At most common use terminals, each airline tends to get assigned to its own gate or set of gates each time (even though they don't technically own any gates) and BOS terminal E is no exception. This was already the case before the renovation. Now with the renovation complete, the airlines will be assigned to the gates connected to their lounge, when available, and when not available, another gate as close as possible to the lounge.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
That doesn't seem to be the case from my observation, but you're probably right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.