Wiki Posts
Search

BOS transfer from Terminal A to E

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2016, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

BOS transfer from Terminal A to E

I am going to be flying into BOS on Delta the afternoon/evening of May 6 and will need to switch to a Lufthansa flight. I understand this means going from terminal A to E. How much time should I allow for the transfer? Will probably be checking a bag.

Another way to ask: the nonstop from CMH gets in at 7:18 and my flight is at 10:30 or so to FRA. Is that OK or should I take the connection CMH-DTW-BOS that arrives around 5:30?

Thanks,
Dave
Old Apr 19, 2016, 2:11 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
It's a 15 minute walk or so, through Central Parking, or you can catch a shuttle bus from A that will go by B & C en route to E. Then 2 hours to check in and go through security in E is advisable.

If you have to wait for luggage in terminal A, I'd say a 3:12 connection is dicey, especially if your incoming flight is late.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
As long as the flight is on time you will have no problem. Walking through central parking will be just about as fast as waiting for a bus to come around and go through all the other terminals.

DL does have an interline agreement with LH if you want to check your bag all the way through.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Good to know. Thanks. Mr. Gfunk is bringing my bag to be checked. I'm just meeting him in BOS. WIll probably stop at our car and put my laptop bag in it since I won't need it on vacation. In any event, I am arriving BOS at 5pm or so from DTW so should have plenty of time.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Agreed that you'll be just fine as long as the inbound is on-time. Also agree you should just walk through Central Parking; it's a well-signed walk and quicker than taking the bus all the way around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.