Wiki Posts
Search

Mall/shopping centre hopping in Boston

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Mall/shopping centre hopping in Boston

Among the 3 cities I will be visiting- L.A., Washington DC and Boston, I'm assuming Boston is the most ideal for mall/shopping centre hopping due to clothes and footwear under $175 being exempt from taxes.

I would like some suggestions on low-mid end shopping outlets (places that have Walmart, Target, JCPenney, Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Abercrombie) to visit in Boston that are walking distance from a subway station.

Will be staying at the Back Bay area on my first night and near Sullivan Station Orange Line on my 2nd and 3rd night.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
For stores like those, you could try the Cambridgeside Galleria (near Lechmere) on the green line and the Assembly Square/Row shops which have their own stop on the orange line. There's also a city target near Fenway Park and the green line stops near it.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:45 am

Your best bet is probably Assembly Row in Somerville -- lots of off-price clothing stores. Just 1 stop away from Sullivan Sq on the Orange Line, or an easy (less than 1 mile) walk if the weather isn't awful.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Thanks for the suggestions - Cambridgeside Galleria and Assembly Row look easily reachable so I will definitely visit them
Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hightide
Among the 3 cities I will be visiting- L.A., Washington DC and Boston, I'm assuming Boston is the most ideal for mall/shopping centre hopping due to clothes and footwear under $175 being exempt from taxes.
That's a nice high exemption. Being close to tax-fee NH has its benefits.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
FWIW, surprised to learn that a three-story TJMaxx is about to open at the corner of Newbury & Mass Ave. Wonder if it's where Tower Records and Best Buy were. Surprising because there wasn't any word until it's imminent, and because it's a bit out of the box for a tjmaxx. Well, it saves a trip to Downtown Crossing. :-)
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:34 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by Firewind
FWIW, surprised to learn that a three-story TJMaxx is about to open at the corner of Newbury & Mass Ave. Wonder if it's where Tower Records and Best Buy were. Surprising because there wasn't any word until it's imminent, and because it's a bit out of the box for a tjmaxx. Well, it saves a trip to Downtown Crossing. :-)
The Boston Herald reports that it will, in fact, be in the old Best Buy location. Link: http://www.bostonherald.com/business...ot_in_back_bay
Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thanks, lo2e.

Actually, not outside the box at all. At the intersection of one of our main drags and our High Street, and by bus lines from several campuses, and atop a T station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.