Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

What time to get to terminal A at BOS for 5:15AM flight?

Old Oct 11, 2015, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos

Wife is on SW this coming Friday with a 5:15AM departure. She's traditionally a "get there 90 minutes early for domestic flights" kind of gal, but with a flight so early and security perhaps not open yet, when should she get there?

Just taking a carryon and will have checked in online the day before.

Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:33 pm

People have wide ranges of when they like to get to the airport, but there is no need to be there more than 60 minutes before the flight, in this case. 45 would be fine, as well.

Keep in mind that WN is in the satellite part of the terminal, so there is a fairly long walk.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Thanks. I had looked at the Massport site to see which gates they were getting, not surprised they were at the satellite.

Do we know when security at Terminal A opens?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
According to:

https://www.massport.com/logan-airpo...ort/terminals/

Security opens an hour before the first flight of the day in each terminal. There's a pretty good chance that the 5:15 AM flight is the first flight of the day, so Terminal A would open at 4:15 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks! I was all over that site but missed that link
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:53 pm

Trick question. The answer is to stay at the Hilton connected by walkway to Terminal A the night before
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Heh. We've done that before, but that's when we're both going. They even offer a (shhh!) stay-park-fly deal, but it's only slightly cheaper than regular Logan parking.

She's an early riser, so getting to Logan at 4AM or so isn't putting her out at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.